Need new tires for my 29' elkridge

GMR

I looked at some tow max tires from les Schwab tires made in USA they are 10 ply E rated what do you guys think ? $820 mounted and balanced

jnbhobe

I looked at some tow max tires from les Schwab tires made in USA they are 10 ply E rated what do you guys think ? $820 mounted and balanced

Tow-Max are not made in the USA. I can buy Sailun 14 ply 637's for $100 less so shop around

branson4020

Icantre Member
Do a little searching on this forum for Power King Tow Max tires. Widely known here as blow max. As Jon said, they are made in China, not USA. There are no E rated ST tires made in the USA.

GOTTOYS

Not even if they were free!..Look at some of the options mentioned here. Sorry but good old Les is blowin smoke.....Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
X3 on Maxxis! We have a second set on our ElkRidge, been very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary521

Forget trying to save money on these cheap tires. Its going to hurt you in the end. Do a search here or on the Net for Chinese trailer tires. There are only two brands recommended: Maxxis or Sailun. A lot of us have switched to LT tires.

GMR

Forget trying to save money on these cheap tires. Its going to hurt you in the end. Do a search here or on the Net for Chinese trailer tires. There are only two brands recommended: Maxxis or Sailun. A lot of us have switched to LT tires.[/QUOTE

got it maxxis or sailun thanks

GMR

Forget trying to save money on these cheap tires. Its going to hurt you in the end. Do a search here or on the Net for Chinese trailer tires. There are only two brands recommended: Maxxis or Sailun. A lot of us have switched to LT tires.[/QUOTE

got it maxxis or sailun thanks

I ordered some maxxis tires today should be here next week thanks for the input dealers were trying to get me to buy the toemax tires and I politely told them
no way.

ncc1701e

Go with a set of Maxxis. The cost should not break the bank, their side walls are heavier than others. Put a set on our Sundance before leaving last fall for South Carolina. Could not be more pleased with the tire. Round trip around 1500 miles, coach pulled great. I paid just over $850 for 5 tires, mounted, balanced, and installed.

GMR

Go with a set of Maxxis. The cost should not break the bank, their side walls are heavier than others. Put a set on our Sundance before leaving last fall for South Carolina. Could not be more pleased with the tire. Round trip around 1500 miles, coach pulled great. I paid just over $850 for 5 tires, mounted, balanced, and installed.

Great price it is costing me $942.00 for 4 tires should get them Monday

Gaffer

Hey GMR did Les bring them in for you or did you go to Discount? Les carries the Maxxis Bighorn Mud tire in LT sizes. I might try them on my jeep next go around. Les stands by their tires but when asked about Towmax failures at two of the stores here in the Bend area, I was told that they have not heard of any problems. I have been a fan of Les Schwab for years and get my Toyo's there for my truck but this plants a seed of doubt in my mind as to their integrity now that Les has passed. I doubt he would carry this brand if he was still alive and in control.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey . . . just a thought . . .

Don't forget that when you upgrade your tires that you need to upgrade your spare tire as well!

Do Not, under any circumstances, rely on a BlowMax tire to be your spare tire!

If you are replacing all of your tires . . . do the spare tire as well!

cgaskins

Maxxis are good tires. I ran two sets of them on my SOB (some other brand) 5er. I chunked my BlowMax tires 30 days after the purchase of my Big Country for Sailun S637. Great tires so far - really like them.

-Chris