Need Suggestions

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We are getting ready to leave SC soon and are having difficulties figuring out where to go next. Right now we have Charlotte NC on our list but are looking for other suggestions. If anyone has an good ideas of places where we could stay for a couple of weeks to a month in AL, GA, TN or NC we would appreciate your input. We have but a couple of criteria, looking for a place with plenty to do when we venture out, must have a good cell reception, and full hookups. We do not want to go further than mentioned as we are planning to set up for the KY rally in April.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Been to Asheville yet?
How about Charleston?
Savannah GA?
Chattanooga???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
How about Gatlinberg, TN . . . ?

Although not sure if they are up and running after the fires, though.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
East TN is a trip in itself. So much to do (shopping, hiking, eating, driving the Smokies) or not do depending on your lifestyle. Lots of campgrounds in the Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, & Gatlinburg area.

Nashville is well known for it's Country Music. We camp near Opryland Hotel on Music Valley Rd. Campgrounds are: Nashville KOA, Yogi Bear Jellystone, & Two Rivers. There's a trolley system that comes to these campgrounds and will take you downtown (for a small fee).

Memphis - land of the Blues. Beales street is world famous. We had to camp just south of Memphis in Southhaven MS (EZ Daze RV Park) but there's a campground at Graceland and another across the Mississippi River in Arkansas.

DirtyMax88

I 2nd (or 3rd) the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville area. Probably one of the nicest campgrounds we have been to is right outside that area on I-40 (Anchor Down RV resort), which I think is perfect. Safe Travels and enjoy!

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
How about Gatlinberg, TN . . . ?

Although not sure if they are up and running after the fires, though.

Gatlinburg is up and running and there are lots of cool things to see and do there, and in the surrounding areas. The closest you can stay is in Pigeon Forge, or Sevierville. That area has been our favorite destinations since we were little kids!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I 2nd (or 3rd) the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville area. Probably one of the nicest campgrounds we have been to is right outside that area on I-40 (Anchor Down RV resort), which I think is perfect. Safe Travels and enjoy!

We

We enjoyed our time in Pigeon Forge, lots to do and see, plus easy drive un into to the Smoky Mountains National Park, which cannot be seen without multiple visits.

We were there about 4 days I think and that was not nearly enough time!

travlingman

I agree with all of the above.

kowAlski631

Asheville is great - much more to see than the Biltmore. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge is always great - you can have fun for a month.

8amps

Memphis - land of the Blues. Beales street is world famous. We had to camp just south of Memphis in Southhaven MS (EZ Daze RV Park) but there's a campground at Graceland and another across the Mississippi River in Arkansas.

We spent several days in Memphis, really enjoyed it. We stayed at Graceland RV Park (at the end of Lonely Street) which was no great shakes but level, quiet, just down from Graceland. For a few bucks (maybe $5pp each way?), they had a shuttle bus that took you down to Beale Street. No worries about parking or driving. Very convenient.