Never thought it would happen to but it did. Over flowed the black tank.

dbbls59

I dumped the tanks. I always put some water into the black tank after flushing using the tank flush. Sure enough I got distracted and forgot about it. Setting inside my wife says "I smell something." She looked in the bath room and screamed, "the sewer". I immediately knew what was wrong. Jumped up, ran outside and shut off the water and opened the valve. Luckily I have a small wet dry vac. Everyone with a Heartland product should carry one. Well, an hour later most of the mess was cleaned up. Carpet was still wet and it was raining so it took two days to dry it. Moral of the story, don't do anything else when dumping the tanks.

MTPockets

Don't think you're alone... My story was exactly the same when we were camp hosting at Rifle Gap State Park, Colorado in 2013. I said never again, and so far (knock on wood) it's been good.

B

BouseBill

Lately I've been taking my Samsung phone with me and starting the timer with 5 minutes on countdown. Put it in my shirt pocket so I will hear and feel the end count!!
Hopefully doing this....no overflows :)

olcoon

I think if you RV long enough it's bound io happen. Happened to me this past summer. And you are right Don, a wet vac is a must have!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I watch my water meter. At 6-7 gallons, I turn off the water. Never, EVER leave the UDC until you're done and have closed all valves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Lately I've been taking my Samsung phone with me and starting the timer with 5 minutes on countdown. Put it in my shirt pocket so I will hear and feel the end count!!
Hopefully doing this....no overflows :)

Ditto to BouseBill's comments. I downloaded a Kitchen Timer phone app and use it to time flushing the black tank. It also works very nicely in the kitchen or when BBQing on the grill. :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I also use a stop-watch app on my smartphone, setting the timer to go off. I always keep it in my pocket, that way if I'm taking to someone, it will go off reminding me to turn the back wash off and dump it.