New 2012 Design Request (Cyclone SC)

timbuktu

Mike,

I know you're busy so sorry to bother you again. I have a couple more questions. Will a larger than 8 cu ft frig be an option in the near future for the 3950 or even the 3800?

Do you have a ballpark date when the 2012 models will be available to order?

The 3800 looks really nice too! Would it be possible to get the w/d hookups moved to the garage of the 3800? I'm assuming in order to support w/d hookups we wouldn't be able to get the patio door option, since the hook ups would probably need to be between the bathroom door and the door going from the garage to living area, correct? And are there electrical outlets in the garage of the 3800 to support adding a small electric frig or is there another location where a small frig is designed to be placed? (Those are two things we really like about the 3950).

Y'all are doing a great job with design! We are very impressed with Cyclones!!! I think I'm just going to have to come visit y'all in Indiana to see first hand how y'all put these things together before we order. I thought we were pretty settled on the 3950, but after seeing the 3800 I'm not so sure. :)

Last edited:

Mike Aplin

There will be some of the original style 3950's out in the field still but for the most part dealers have the new larger slide model in inventory. We will not offer anything larger than the 8 cub ft refer in the kitchen because with the optional 9 cub ft in the garage, you will have 17 total cub ft of refer in the unit. Also, if you main refer goes out, you always have a backup. Still a long way to go on the 2012's. Don't have any ETA for you on that. Take care, Mike :cool:

timbuktu

Mike, do you have the answers for the questions below or is there someone else I need to contact?

The 3800 looks really nice too! Would it be possible to get the w/d hookups moved to the garage of the 3800? I'm assuming in order to put w/d hookups in the garage we wouldn't be able to get the patio door option, since the hook ups would probably need to be between the bathroom door and the door going from the garage to living area, correct? And are there electrical outlets in the garage of the 3800 to support adding a small electric frig or is there another location where a small frig is designed to be placed?

Mike Aplin

The new 3800 is an awesome floor plan. We won't have any room in the garage for the w/d prep even with the std door. There are always electrical hook ups in the garage for the fridge. If it is a loft unit the outlets will be on either side of the loft ceiling. Take care Mike

ElkStalker

Mike, I wish that heartland made a cyclone that was like the 3814 but with a 10 ft garage or 3010 that had a kitchen slide with and island. I just ordered a 3010 and hope it works for my family. Wife and I along with four children 11 down to 2. We are going from a wildcat 32qbbs bunkhouse but need room for coolers, kids bikes and the like. It just seems that so many of the TH on the market are huge and here in MT most of the campground are very small. The 300c looks good but I would really like that third kitchen slide and still have a big basement up front. Well thats my 2 cents.

Aaron

Jarrett

I'm in the same boat as you Aaron. I just had a look at the Cyclone 300c at the Edmonton rv expo and loved it. The Ti edition is stunning. I didn't buy because of the lack of front storage. Being a northerner I would also like to see an increased insulation R value as well. A great product nevertheless.

cheers,

jarrett

ElkStalker

Jarrett, I think the R-value is pretty standard. I would like if heated holding tanks were on option. Here in Montana it is pretty easy to be camping in the fall and get down to 0 degrees F at night. My Wildcat would start to get ice in the lines around 20. I will be insulating the floor of the garage like some here have done.

RogerO

Hi Everyone! I have another design request. It is apparent that there are a lot of people who like the idea of using the garage as a separate office or bedroom, and will never use it to haul toys. Why not offer a new model with a totally separate, walled off room? It would be the only one like it, and I believe would grab a large market share. The Cyclone line would not be affected by the new model.

RJHacker

Mike,

After speaking with you in January at the Ft. Worth show about a 3950, we found the 370C & LOVE it. I know you put a lot of thought into the design, but I have one thing that really bugs me. The front bath is hinged on the left side & opens toward the kitchen. It hits the thermostat & fan controls when only about 75% open. I haven't figured out how to prevent this from occurring yet. It seems the thermostat & fan controls COULD be moved toward the kitchen to prevent this. The other possibility, is having the bath door hinged on the right side. This would also make it easier to get in and out of the front bath.

Let me know if you know of a way to prevent the door from bumping these controls. Thanks in advance!!!

RJ

Mike Aplin

Thank you for the feedback on the NEW 370C Cab Over Cyclone. The door that you refer to has since been changed to swing the opposite direction. This was based on customer feedback. Thank you everyones suggestions and feedback it doesn't go without notice. Take care, Mike :cool:

cavlino

Its very refreshing to see a manufacturer take action on owner/customer feedback. I look forward to joining the Heartland club :)

mesteve

Personally, what I would like to see is a 370, minus the rear bath and fridge closet, extend the slides back the the garage wall and put the couch and TV opposite each other like the San Antonio(?). Make this a LM or BH hauler with a real living room and 'office' with the garage. Keep the drop down beds for guests but put real insulation in there, and a separate heat/AC if required by code (term 'code' used lightly).

edit: also, keep the longer garage, because I like my tools and the front wall is right over the wheels from what I can tell...

ssitarek

I would like to see a 3612 with a 10 foot garage and still keep the loft. I realize the bunks would need to be downsized. Also the awning should cover both entry doors. I think this would be a great choice for those looking for a toy hauler under 40 foot. The 3612 is advertised at just under 40 foot but actually measures over 41 feet. I have indoor storage up to 40 feet and cant give that up. I also need the loft setup for children. I would run to the dealer and buy one. You build it and i will come buy it. There are toy haulers on the market like this but the quality is poor (fuzion 360). Thanks for listening