New 3270RS

'Lil Guy'

It's official. Just placed the order on our new rig. They had one on the lot that was perfect for me except I wanted the Yeti pkg and the covered awning. We also opted for the queen bed to have more room in bedroom. We'll get a notification later today for the ETA of our new rig. With the queen bed, do they make a smaller slide or just fit a queen bed in the existing area?
I can't believe I'm spending this much on a rig. I guess I have the HOC to blame. If it wasn't for the great people we've met and the fun we have at the rallys, we wouldn't have done this. Debbie and I have had lengthy conversations on this upgrade and lifestyle after retirement. Going on the road and traveling to meet such great people was a big factor in our decision. As far as looking at other rigs and going outside of the Heartland family, that was not an option we would have ever considered. Thanks again for the great times we've had and looking forward to many more. Hope it arrives before the October rallys.
Later and have a great day.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome Frank. Now you technically won't be the little guy anymore but believe me you will carry that name with you for awhile. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pday1213

You will love the 3270RS model. We got our 2015 model last December and have over 3,500 miles on it traveling the spring and summer. Can't say we have had many problems or issues yet either, except a few minor things that we take care of on our own. The size and length (35 1/2) makes it just about perfect to get into almost any site.

We ordered ours as well at the Hershey show last September and if we were to do anything over we would of got the theather seating chairs instead of the two separate recliners. Would give a little more room for seating.

Wmnmy

Congrats baker , we got our 2016 3270 rs in July and absolutely love it few minor things got fixed at pdi but other than that it's great I had to revamp the bracket and screws that hold the sliding door to bathroom in the bed room with clear caulking it kept stripping wood where screws went in but solid now and Dw had me change out the light coverings in rear over couch . It pulls like a dream this is a great model for those who like to camp at state campgrounds ....

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
lil'Guy, with deep pockets! -- lol! Congrats on the new rig!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome Frank, I'm always happy to help you spend your money.
Congratulations.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Congrads Frank, wish I had your money. Been looking hard at the 3270RS...sweet coach. Did you get the outside entertainment center?? Love the fold down table idea.

Wmnmy

Congrads Frank, wish I had your money. Been looking hard at the 3270RS...sweet coach. Did you get the outside entertainment center?? Love the fold down table idea.
Bob I told you Patty said you where getting the 3270 rs for the trip to temecula lol ...

'Lil Guy'

Can anyone tell me about the queen bed setup. Is the slide narrower or is the queen bed just cut into the same slide?

Andy, I've already ordered the new 'Lil Guy' decal for the back.

Yes, I have deep pockets. You should have seen how deep I had to dig to do this. 3 trucks, 3 rigs in just over 3 years. Put a serious hit on our retirement funds. Thank goodness I have that trained monkey to go around at the rallys to take donations for us. I even thought of getting a 'Empty Pockets' decal for the rear.

Doesn't have the Gen prep or the outside kitchen but that is about all it doesn't have. Yea, I love the theater seating in it. Had trouble getting Debbie out of the thing.

Won't have it for the Bullard rally but should have it for the La. rally. It's due in the 2nd week of October. Just hope we have as good of luck with this one as we did with the other two.

Need the progressive surge protector and I guess I need airbags for the new truck. Thanks for the replies. This was a big decision for us and we're looking forward to many good times on the road with it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The slide will be the same size with the queen bed.
As far as installing air bags I suggest you run without for a while. You might discover that they are not needed on your awesome RAM. I did and the ride is great.

Peace
Dave

'Lil Guy'

Thanks Dave. My dealer couldn't answer that question but he can sell them. Are you presently running without airbags installed? Just don't want to haul with the nose up on the truck. Pulled the 'LG' without them with very little squat but this one has about another 500 lbs of hitch weight. (dry)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Baker, don't rely on the "advertised" pin weight. It's weight that is on a "strippy" model with no options. Loaded for travel you will be at least 3K+.

Congratulations We just go our 2016 3270rs on August 7 with queen bed.

The bedroom slide is the same size you just have more room.

Only minor problems so far. There is a design issue with Anderson 4-way valve that my cause one of the seat rings to blow out during either manufacturer or dealer testing that will result in filling fresh water tank when valve is aligned to city water. Anderson will send new cartridge which is easy to change.

Ended up with my levelup cylinders 14 inches from ground with a 15 inch cylinder stroke. This resulted in getting out of stoke message before getting levelup success. Currently installing 2 x 10's below cylinder feet to get level. However, I will adjust cylinders down until they are 10 inches above ground when retracted.

Good luck with your new rig.

avvidclif

Congratulations We just go our 2016 3270rs on August 7 with queen bed.

The bedroom slide is the same size you just have more room.

Only minor problems so far. There is a design issue with Anderson 4-way valve that my cause one of the seat rings to blow out during either manufacturer or dealer testing that will result in filling fresh water tank when valve is aligned to city water. Anderson will send new cartridge which is easy to change.

Ended up with my levelup cylinders 14 inches from ground with a 15 inch cylinder stroke. This resulted in getting out of stoke message before getting levelup success. Currently installing 2 x 10's below cylinder feet to get level. However, I will adjust cylinders down until they are 10 inches above ground when retracted.

Good luck with your new rig.

Before you move the landing gear do the string test. Hold a piece of string at the bottom of the rear tire and extend it to the lowest point at the back of the rv. Pull it tight and look from the side. Anything below the string will hit(drag) before the back bumper or whatever the lowest point is. It wouldn't be cool to drag/bend the landing gear hydraulic cylinder. See the attached picture of my Cyclone. It has the landing gear toward the back to help support the toys. On mine it's a toss-up as to which hits first, the landing gear or the spare. Where my rv is parked the slab has a 4" drop over 45' to the left so that's almost level but I still need the blocks. And I can't lower the landing gear any either, see the string.

I just carry blocks in a milk crate in the bed of the truck, no big deal.

Attachments

• IMG_0672 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0672 (Medium).JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 58

danemayer

Is this a recurring problem with the Anderson valve or a one time thing?

Someone posted a week or so ago about having spoken with Anderson and that they had redesigned the removable cartridge that has the o-rings.

'Lil Guy'

Ddo ou think that might be included on mine to be delivered next month? Also, I have a 5th airborne pin box on my E289. It's 21K 12" wide. Will it fit on the Bighorn?