New 3585

RCF

Hmmm, "new" 3585? I just bought a 2013 3585RL (built late July). Are you talking about something "newer"???

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RCF, check out Heartland's website. They are changing the 3585 floorplan slightly for future builds, with an island kitchen and the sofa across the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCF

Aha! Well, I'm glad we got our 3585 prior to the island kitchen, as the L shaped counter was one of the things we really like about the 3585. The couch and recliners being swapped . . . hmmm, might like that but not 100% sure yet.

JeffG1947

We got our 2013 3585RL at the beginning of June - just called the DW who was shocked since the combination of the L-shape and being able to see the TV when in the kitchen were factors for us too. I'd have to measure to see if we can switch our couch and chairs as that's an interesting idea, but it could be the couch is too deep and wouldn't allow the slides to close. We're also happier with what we got. :)

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
We have a 2011 3585. We love the floor plan but this new "mod" really has us thinking. I hope it also continues into the Landmark Grand Canyon. We have been thinking about upgrading. Although our Big Horn has almost all options that the Landmark has except Full Body Paint, electric reel.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I'm sorry they changed the floor plan because I really liked it with the L shaped island it was the same as our 3185 but bigger you lose a lot of counter space with the island in the middle plus it separates the kitchen from the livingroom and the DH and I was thinking about this unit when it came time to upgrade but not now oh well I guess we are back to the Landmarks again honey!!!

MICKEY

Well we understand. We love our 2011 3585. However, we both like to help when dinner is being prepared:) and a pass through area in the kitchen looks promising. We are concerned about storage, and the floorplan doesn't blow up on the web, it goes back to old version. We do however want to be able to leave couch in back of unit, and have theater seating on the on door side. There are a couple of neat models that we have not seen yet.

RCF

We are concerned about storage, and the floorplan doesn't blow up on the web, it goes back to old version.

If you're talking kitchen storage, I'd think it wouldn't be much different. Looks like they'd put the two deep drawers where the counter slid into the slide with the "L" shaped counter. That and the outter storage in the corner of the "L" should be the only differences in cabinets I would think.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We were about to FINALLY submit our order for our new 5th wheel and we (wife) wanted the 3585rl and noticed today that we can no longer get it the way she wanted it. She does not want an island but the L shaped counter instead. So it is back to drawing board for us and will consider the 3610re and 3670rl now but she is very unhappy. Oh we'll, c'est la vie.

jimtoo

You might call the plant Monday and check,, they may still have one or know where you can get one with the L counter.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ditto on the L shaped kitchen counter.
DW loved that and we ended up getting the 3670 because of that and the extra cabinet and counter space.

ChopperBill

I like the new 3585. Especially the Bed room bath room layout, lot more room around the bed. Not sure I would want an L shaped kitchen anymore. I get "trapped" in the back all the time because Renee seems to always want in there the same time I do.

jassson007

You might call the plant Monday and check,, they may still have one or know where you can get one with the L counter.

Jim M
Tried that already. I can find them on dealer lots but not what I want as far as options. I am waiting on pics of what the cabinet area looks like where they removed the counter at. If it is acceptable to the DW we still may go this way as now she says she is ok with just an island. (If I understood women I would be a millionaire...lol). Thanks for the help though.

Andy

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I too like the new floorplan....after more than five years with a peninsula kitchen, really looking forward to the island with an escape route...LOL! will be moving to a Key Largo in the next several months....even looking forward to the enclosed bath for a change...unless they come up with a better floorplan before we order!

MICKEY

jassson007;
The good news for you is they are not going to change the Landmark Grand Canyon yet. It is same floor plan as 3585 with upgrades. Check it out. You can get it without FB paint and knock a good bit of price difference off.

jassson007

jassson007;
The good news for you is they are not going to change the Landmark Grand Canyon yet. It is same floor plan as 3585 with upgrades. Check it out. You can get it without FB paint and knock a good bit of price difference off.
If I could get away with it I would...but crisis has been averted, a quick 2 hour trip to Houston and 2 hour trip back home after looking at a 3685, she has made up her mind after hearing from heartland rep what they did with the space so we will be ordering a 3685rl this week sometime. Thanks for letting me rant lol.

steveayers

We bought a 3585RL with the new floorplan that they have on display at the Hershey show and love it. The swap of the couch and the chairs resulted in a longer 4-cushion couch that runs the width of the coach. In addition to the swap and the island counter, they also redesigned the entertainment center. The TV is now on an adjustable mountain bracket that allows it to be tipped towards the couch to improve the viewing angle. The best change is the computer desk. It slides out from under the TV and is the full width of the entertainment center. That makes it a hugely functional desk, while preserving the space when it is not in use. We went down intending to buy a 3685 and fell in love with the new 3585 design.

jimtoo

Hi steveayers,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new unit, and hope you make lots of great memories with it.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join in on the rallies where you will meet other Heartlanders and make friends for life.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M