New 3950 can't get TV sound thru Stereo

Havacyclone

We bought a 3950 and NO ONE at the dealership could tell me how to work the sound system. I have made a couple of calls back with no luck. I am some what disappointed with the response from the dealer. Also I still don't know how to work the system.

truknutt

Committed Member
We bought a 3950 and NO ONE at the dealership could tell me how to work the sound system. I have made a couple of calls back with no luck. I am some what disappointed with the response from the dealer. Also I still don't know how to work the system.

Havacyclone,

Don't want to come off like a smart aleck (sp) but the owner's manual that came with our Cyclone's Jensen system told me everything I needed to know.
My dealer handles numerous RV brands with just as many different sound systems; I am surprised the tech was as adept with the remotes as he was!! I have 4 Ford vehicles and each has a different sound system that confuse me all the time. (Daylight Savings Time changes are a real hoot at my house!!) I don't know how busy your dealer was at the time but the PDI tech should have been able to give you at least the basics.

Tell us what sound system/TV you have and maybe we can shoot you in the right direction.

Welcome to the "family", by the way!!

We too have a 2010 3950 and are unable to get the tv to work through the surround sound. The DVD works fine this way. Jensen stereo and Insignia tv...guess the dealer made a switch on the tv bcuz the tv manual is for a jensen...recently visited a dealer while in Sturgis...he says that I have to remove the stereo face and see if there is an input that will allow me to take tv through the surround sound...this doesn't sound right. Also, can't locate the USB on stereo for IPOD

hotpepper

Earlier this year I purchased a 2007 Cyclone 4012 and found out that I inherited a bunch of fix-it projects. The front landing gear were trashed as the previous owner had equipped the trailer with a gooseneck hitch and apparently the demand to raise the jacks the additional amount to clear the gooseneck ball was too much for it. I replaced the landing gear with independent jacks w/their own motor on each position and it works sweet now. The fridge worked on and off and I found that the external fan was BO and I replaced it but it only helped a little bit. I removed some bracing around the external fan area that was apparently blocking the air flow so it works great now. I fixed a few other things like a broken spring so things are looking up now but I still cant figure out how to get the DVD player to play through the stereo surround sound system. I know there has to be a way to do it but I havent figured it out yet. I decided to research it on the internet and that is why I joined this forum. To my amazement, there are multiple forum entries addressing this very issue so I am glad to know I am not the only technically challenged person dealing with this issue. I'm going to print out the various entries and research it even more as I really dont have it figured out yet but the posts were very helpful for a place to start. Thanks to all that posted on this subject.