New 5th wheel owner

Grampareg

I have recently purchased a 2009 big horn 3370 and would like to know if I will be able to pull this with a short box or will I need a long box for the swing when turning.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Grampareg and welcome to this great forum.
If your short box is the 6.5 ft length then you should be fine. I don't know about the shorter 6' box.
I had a GMC 6.5 ft box and had no problems towing with it.

Peace
Dave

asplus

I bought the 2500 SLT crew cabs and long box based on comments from camping world where I purchased my Elkridge ER 29RLSB used 2011...Was told by Camping World sales I needed a 8 foot bed. So went to Dodge as they had highest rating on trucks and they also stated needed a 8 foot bed with the 6.4 Hemi to pull..based on rating. We are old timer RV's but had been out of Snow Birding for 5 years .Back in old days had to have the 8 foot or the expensive hitch that slid. Got to our RV park in Buckeye and found more 6 foot beds then 8 foot being pulled by the Ram.....Told us to look at the front of the Heartland and note the curved sides ...and comment turns 88 degrees...Dumb us...We would have rather had a 6 foot as also found the turn ratio with the crew cab and long foot makes certain parking impossible... I would trade right now for the same truck or the RAM diesel but can[t find a dealer willing... Love my RV and my truck. Also look out if ordering one to be sure has the RV mirrors ...our was bought sight unseen and came out of Mexico with the standard mirrors...and I am not happy with tow haul arrangement...Black switch on black dash makes it hard to find in emergency..Also to many gears with tow haul, automatic, 4 wheel, and that manual 10 gear shift that no one is happy with...Most of the old timers told me to just never use it...why was it even installed...