New Awning

Grizz88

Wind caught my awning and destroyed it (electric carefree)...insurance is covering it minus the deductible of course. Is there some thing better than the carefree brand?

farside291

Doesn't matter what brand you choose, if you don't tie it down or put it away, the wind will destroy the awning and possibly tear very large holes in the side of the RV. We've had A&E awnings and Carefree both were nice. The Carefree has struts to allow the entire awning to "flex" in the wind. The A&E was hard mounted.

danemayer

At the Goshen Rally, the Lippert team showcased a new product called Awnbrella that fits any brand of awning. They claimed, among other things, that it would prevent fabric flapping in the wind. They also responded to a question by saying that the Awnbrella would also protect the awning mechanism. Here's a link.

I notice that the website doesn't make wind claims.

I have seen in the Colorado mountains that the high-end motorhomes can leave their awnings out in winds much stronger than I would on our Landmark. Of course, an 80 mph straight-line wind would probably do them in. So I wonder if Awnbrella strengthens the awning and puts it into the motorhome territory. On the downside, In strong winds, I' guess it would take several minutes to remove the supports and roll the awning in.

Grizz88

At the Goshen Rally, the Lippert team showcased a new product called Awnbrella that fits any brand of awning. They claimed, among other things, that it would prevent fabric flapping in the wind. They also responded to a question by saying that the Awnbrella would also protect the awning mechanism. Here's a link.

I notice that the website doesn't make wind claims.

I have seen in the Colorado mountains that the high-end motorhomes can leave their awnings out in winds much stronger than I would on our Landmark. Of course, an 80 mph straight-line wind would probably do them in. So I wonder if Awnbrella strengthens the awning and puts it into the motorhome territory. On the downside, In strong winds, I' guess it would take several minutes to remove the supports and roll the awning in.

I would have to get out a step ladder to use them. Great idea just not practical for me. The camper is new to me even though its a 2013 its like brand new. I take very good care of my stuff just seem like every time I turn around it something with this thing. Just figured if I was spending the money for a new one why not get a good one.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Gerard makes the best awning. I've never seen them on a fithwheel RV before, not sure why not ?

DSC00522.JPG

farside291

I believe that when those awnings retract, the box they go into is a container that lines the edge of the top of the coach. These boxes block the entire roof line from being visible thus hiding any items mounted to the roof. They also integrate with fairings on the front and back. There is a Provost on the corner that has these installed...SWEET Looking. Wonder how much money though?