New Big Country 3650RL

cgaskins

Yeah! We pick up our 2015 Big Country 3650RL tomorrow afternoon in Kyle, Texas from Explore USA RV. We are trading in our 2007 Keystone Montana 3400RL. We are very excited about the new Big Country and all of its wonderful features!! See you around the forums as I am sure we will have tons of questions.

Regards,
Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats, Chris! Welcome to the Heartland family! There are a few Rallies coming up soon, click here (North TX) and here (South TX) and here (Oklahoma) and here) (Louisiana) ... just to name a few... be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club for a free one-year membership, and sign up to join other owners at a Rally!

Erika

cgaskins

Thank you Erika. I appreciate the warm welcome. We will try to get to a Rally soon...

-Chris

cgaskins

My wife (Allison) and I are very excited about our new Big Country. It is such a nice unit. Wow! Have found a few things wrong but most of it is little stuff. One big item is the main kitchen/living room slide has ripped our carpet. Arrgg! My Ford Super Duty is a Crew Cab short bed and I had to have a slider hitch for my old Montana to be able to turn tightly. However, the Big Country front cap design is amazing. I can turn so tight and never move the slider. I will most likely get rid of the slider hitch since it has some play in it (which drives me nuts). The 6 point leveling system is awesome. No more blocks!!! <Grin>

We are just weekenders right now with usually a 2 week trip to Colorado or Wyoming each summer. Can't wait for our first trip coming up in October.

Here is a photo of the rig at the house as we are loading our stuff. We did a nice purge of crap from the old rig that we never used - about half of it didn't go back in. No sense in hauling around stuff you don't use.
2014-09-25 16.21.56.jpg

Later,
Chris

Congrats, we are about to get a Gateway ! Awesome deals this time of year. Go to pick it up soon, after inspecting it, of course ! Will possibly use as the ' Bridal Suite.' at DD wedding. ;) So excited to hear how it all turns out for ya. Pics look good, pretty unit. Glad to hear it pulls well.