New Class of Migrant Worker

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hey all you CG hosts, workkampers, and work from your RVers, I just saw a 60 second clip on the evening news where the MSM (NBC) has you labeled as a "New Class of Migrant Worker"!!
What say you??? LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey all you CG hosts, workkampers, and work from your RVers, I just saw a 60 second clip on the evening news where the MSM (NBC) has you labeled as a "New Class of Migrant Worker"!!
What say you??? LOL!!!

So, what do they need . . . a red or a blue card? :rolleyes:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Your getting political,,,,and it's not allowed.

Jim M

I didn't intend to create any political flap...I saw the piece last evening and it was spot on. They interviewed a baby boomer couple and a young couple with children. They are doing what many are, leaving high paying executive positions to work part time and travel. Or, as with the family, going where there are jobs, working on line, exposing their children to new geographic areas while home schooling.
It was the label that MSM applied to the group "New Class of Migrant Worker" and the tone of the interview questions that to me came across as condescending. I thought maybe it would be an interesting topic but if the moderators feel differently, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I really wasn't trying to be political . . .

That was supposed to be a joke . . .

Guess I chose the wrong emoticon.

jimtoo

The original post is fine and there is a new breed of migrant workers. Lots of RV'ers following jobs and working all over now. Lets just don't let it get political. :)

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I agree that there are many who are traveling/work camping. We have met several families who are traveling nurses, working between 3-6 months in one location before contracting out to another nursing position somewhere else. It's cheaper than staying in a hotel or an apartment. Guess you can say the same for us - here for a year or 18 months, then heading out to another job site.

kowAlski631

We saw the segment and thought they did a good job of explaining the workcamper lifestyle. We didn't feel that the interviewer was condescending. In fact, he sounded a little envious to us.