New from TX

PondSkum

Howdy. Just recently purchased a "new to us" 2015 Road Warrior RW348. Wasn't looking for something this big and nice, but the deal was too good to pass up. Hope to learn some stuff here about the Heartland and RV's in general. We jumped from a 10 ft Jayco pop-up trailer to this beast. The plans for it are to haul my ATV and/or Polaris Ranger UTV for some offroading trips and to take it on some non-offroading trips as well. We also have a Jeep, so some of the offroading trips will include a second tow vehicle and trailer to bring it along, as the Jeep won't quite make it into the RW.

So we got this trailer, it's been sitting for 2 years, basically since the day the original owners brought it home. The owner hurt his back and was never able to use it as intended. It was parked on a covered, concrete slab, so it's still in great shape. The only issues I have with it are those typical of something that's not been used.

The generator had some old gas in it, I've cleaned the carb and drained as much of the old gas as possible and added fresh gas and Seafoam to the tank. It starts up but dies after a few seconds. After some messing with it, and some research, I believe I need to replace the fuel filter and fuel pump, because it's not getting enough fuel. I believe the old fuel clogged up the pump and filter. So I've got that on order and hope to get the generator up and running soon.

The other main issue I have is with the auto leveling system. It starts leveling, and as soon as all the jacks hit the ground, it stops. Then after several seconds, the display reads "Error: Jack Timeout". So I'm trying to troubleshoot this one at the moment, but not getting anywhere so far. I've reset the rear sensor according to LCI instructions, I've recalibrated the zero level point, and still nothing. The voltage and fluid levels are good. I've put blocks under the jacks to make sure they are not over extending. It's sitting on a "somewhat" level driveway, maybe a few inches off from side to side and front to back. I can use the manual mode and get it level fine with all 4 wheels still on the ground, so I don't know why the auto level will not work.

Anyway, glad to be here, and it seems like this forum is very active. Thanks in advance for any advice that is given to me!

jimtoo

Hi PondSkum,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will be jumping in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the forum and the Heartland family! Be sure to look into attending a rally, there are 3 chapters in Texas so lots of opportunities! Hope to see you down the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk