New fuel

scottyb

Just wondering. Could this whole problem be avoided if we just run the generator for 15/20 min every couple of weeks? Even when my rig is in storage I go to check on it, making sure no one has broken in, and I run the generator to circulate the fuel and charge the battery.

Yes it can. Add Sta-bil and run the generator ever couple weeks. Run the fuel out of 2-stroke engines and use Sta-bil on the rest and start them periodically. This lets the Sta-bil circulate throughout the carburetor and valves.

GOTTOYS

I always used Sea Foam and non-oxygenated (no alcohol) fuel in my motorcycle since it was new. If I wasn't going to ride it for more than a week or two I put some in the tank and ran it a bit to make sure it got into the carbs. In 15 years I never had a bit of carburetor trouble and never once had to clean them or open them up. It sat all Winter with a full tank of non-oxy and Sea Foam and ran as good as it did when it was new. Sea Foam is the best stuff to come along that I've ever seen. I use it in all my small engines..Don