New Generator storage box

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Converted my bike storage rack on my 21fbs to a generator storage box rack. Now they are secure / more quiet / protected from the elements and I no longer have to move them. I used to have them in the back of the pick-up and would use a 30 amp extention cord or drag them out and put them on the ground and then chain them up. Now it's no hassle! Needed 2 Honda 2000's to run the 15k A/C. The box and generators are about 150#s, rack is rated for 200#s.
Still need to install a couple of small exhaust fans ( high on the sides near the front and cut in a couple of fresh air holes and a hole for the power cord low on the back side. The mufflers are pointed at radiant barrier plywood that is angled towards where the exhaust fans are to be mounted.
My back is now a happy camper!
I have never attached photos on this forum, so here goes! Should be 2 attached.

Attachments

• P1010214.JPG
    P1010214.JPG
    657.5 KB · Views: 193
  • P1010220.JPG
    P1010220.JPG
    645.1 KB · Views: 189

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Nice looking mod. I also have 2 - Honda 2000's. Give a bit more information. The Gens have a 2.5 gallon tank. This will not run all night. Do you have extra gas tanks for them?

Here is a way to Extend the length of run time.... Fuel Extender . Where did you get the box and what brand is it.

I was thinking of a similar type of box but made of the aluminum diamond plate with an open grate on the ends, a hole for the 30amp power cable. Not sure where to put the fuel tank/tanks for extended use. Was thinking of a plastic table or such out side the box. I would like to see more info on this subject.

BC

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Hi Bob... Where are you now? I know you stay in Melissa at times when visiting family. I'm just about 7 miles north of the campground off 75 in Anna, and would be glad to show it to you if you are in the area. The box is made by "Lifetime" and sells at Lowes for $149.95 / everywhere else (including Lifetime.com) is $189.00. You can view the specs for the box at Lifetime.com / It is the large patio box. They are building some new homes on our street, so I scavenged some radiant barrier plywood from the roofers to use as a platform to bolt the box down and I cut a couple of pieces to divert the exhaust heat. The stuff really works great. If you are in the area and want to take a look, give me a call 972-924-8848.

jnbhobe

Nice looking setup. I have a Honda 3K on the back with a aluminum cover, works great.