New guy doing some looking around

PJZocc

Greetings! Just registered in an effort to research the Heartland product. Currently a TT owner and looking to upsize. Have a Keystone product now and have been very satisfied - going into our 6th season with it. I am looking at 5ers, and toy haulers. I've come across a '13 Torque 301 and I like the layout and price point. I'm hoping I can find some reliable (ie. honest!) feedback about the Heartland product. Honestly I'm seeing some reviews in my searches (not on this site yet) about quality and customer service from the manufacturer that are unflattering.

Specifically I'm looking for any known common issues with the units or design flaws. (asking a lot I know!)

TIA and happy Sunday!

:cool:

danemayer

Hi PJZocc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If you want to see what Heartland owners have to say about the Torque, here's a link to the Torque subforum. I expect you'll also get some responses from Torque owners.

Given that so many components and appliances in RVs are the same across different manufacturers, customer service is a key component for most owners. The vast majority of Heartland owners on this forum are satisfied customers and speak highly of Heartland's customer service.

I know when researching products that we're all concerned about the possibility of "problems" but let me suggest you spend at least as much time looking for evidence of satisfaction. You'll find plenty with Heartland.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello PJZocc and welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of great information here along with a lot of great people.
The Torque 301 seems to appeal to a lot of people for the same reasons that you have. Great floor plan and price point.
You will find unflattering comments about every manufacturer on every RV forum.
While there are many people that rave about quality and customer service and others have nothing good to say.
When I hear negative comments, I always wonder what the other side of the story is.
No one is perfect, but it seems that Heartland tries.
Hope to hear in the future that you own a Heartland product.
When you do, be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club.
NY has a very large chapter and the NE has a lot of chapter as well as regional rallies. Be sure to check em out.

Peace
Dave

PJZocc

Thanks Dan for the sub forum link. Not sure how I missed that!

Agreed with both of you on finding reviews on the interwebs... For every awful review there's a glowing review and I have to sift through to determine the middle ground. I have found that usually forums like these give a good representation of real experiences.

Thanks for the welcome!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome from the Ny Heartland Chapter leaders. We have a few members that join us at our rallies with their toy haulers , this is where they show their modifications . If you decide on a Heartland unit take advantage of the free one year introduction membership too see if it's for you!!!!

macjj

I went to RV consumer group. Like you I got tired of the conflicting comments. This is a group that actually researches the manufacture and evaluate each coach individually. My first review indicated Hartland was not a good choice but after comparison with other available rigs and manufactures I found it the best selection and I'm not dis-satisfied. The price I paid for the application was money well spent

HornedToad

We've had our Torque 321 for over a year and I'll answer your question two ways...

At ten months we went to CW to have a few minor warranty issues addressed and
I also ask them to take care of what I considered to be a wear & tear repair.
When we picked it up everything was taken care of by Heartland without question.

After owning a truck camper and two TT's from different manufactures,
we enjoy our TH so much that we've decided to upgrade to a triple axle
and would not consider any other brand but a Heartland!!!

As for any design flaw or something that I would like to change...
we have an early 2013 model with the small angled shower pan,
the later models have a larger square tub style pan.

Last edited: