New Kids on the Block

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello to everyone;
We are Michael and Nancy Nilson from St. Louis Mo and bought a Heartland Northtrail 25LRSS on the 27th of February. We have been living in our coach since that date so as to get a feel for the camping life so we may move forward going full time. Our main goals are to travel, explore new parts of the country and to meet as many people as possible. The time we have spent so far have been golden in our new coach and have so much to learn. A little background, Nancy is a retired RN and I am retired also from the transportation industry. As you might guess, we will need all the help and guidance that can be mustard up to avoid the common mistakes as we move forward. Thank you in advance for the support and the sharing of ideas from the knowledge that you have.

Michael and Nancy Nilson
Heartland Owner Members 4512

danemayer

Hi Michael and Nancy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the full-time lifestyle.

As you have questions, feel free to post them on the forum. You can count on getting answers pretty quickly to just about anything.

And let me point you to our collection of owner-written user guides. They cover quite a bit and may answer questions you didn't even know you had.

Finally, check out the Heartland Owners Club. It's fee to join and membership gets you into any local or regional rally where you'll meet like-minded people and have a great time. And of course, if you go to a rally and walk around your coach holding a screwdriver, 6 or 7 guys will be out in the next 5 minutes to see if you need help with something.

Hope to see you down the road.

Santanilson

Thank you Danemayer;
i will definitely look into the user guides as I am always having questions on the operation of our rig. We are going to Branson for the Midwest Rally as it will be our first and looking forward to meeting other full timers to pick their brains for information. Perhaps we will cross paths sometime but until then, safe and happy camping!

Michael Nilson

Hi Michael and Nancy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the full-time lifestyle.

As you have questions, feel free to post them on the forum. You can count on getting answers pretty quickly to just about anything.

And let me point you to our collection of owner-written user guides. They cover quite a bit and may answer questions you didn't even know you had.

Finally, check out the Heartland Owners Club. It's fee to join and membership gets you into any local or regional rally where you'll meet like-minded people and have a great time. And of course, if you go to a rally and walk around your coach holding a screwdriver, 6 or 7 guys will be out in the next 5 minutes to see if you need help with something.

Hope to see you down the road.

NYSUPstater

Congrats on the new rig and touring the US of A!! Welcome to the HL forum as well. We joined a year ago and have asked many a questions even tho we've been at it for 14 years w/ SOB. Lotsa great folks on here and fun ribbing.

Santanilson

Thank you for the welcome NYSUPstater, my wife and I have so far enjoyed the rig. Looking forward to getting around this great country and meeting new people. We have a lot of places that were wanting to visit but most of the time wherever the wind takes us. Perhaps our paths may cross but until then, safe traveling and may the wind be at your back.

Michael

Congrats on the new rig and touring the US of A!! Welcome to the HL forum as well. We joined a year ago and have asked many a questions even tho we've been at it for 14 years w/ SOB. Lotsa great folks on here and fun ribbing.

jbeletti

Welcome Michael and Nancy!

As questions come up, post them individually in new threads in the most relevant sections of the forum. Folks here are friendly and knowledgable and always willing to help.

Hope to meet you at a Heartland rally one day. Perhaps you can make the MO rally in St. Charles this August (link).

Pokiejoe

Welcome you two when you have time come on out to New Mexico and see the southwest you will love it!!!!

Santanilson

Thank you Pokiejoe;
New Mexico is definitely on our list of destinations and perhaps our paths may cross somewhere out there. Be careful in your travels and thank you again for the warm welcome.

Michael

Welcome you two when you have time come on out to New Mexico and see the southwest you will love it!!!!

Santanilson

Hello Jim;
Nancy and I are planning on full timing with our rig in hopes to make as many rallies and meet lots of people. The rally in St. Charles might be a bit tight since the plan is to be on the West Coast then. With that said, we are going to be in Branson coming up the first week in May at the regional Rally. I do have a few questions pertaining to our rig and the only owners manual I received was a thumb drive which did not work at all. At the present, we have been living in the camper since we took ownership about a month back and working out the bugs as with anything new. Thank you again for the welcome and look forward to meeting you one day soon. May you have safe travels as you move forward.

Michael

Welcome Michael and Nancy!

As questions come up, post them individually in new threads in the most relevant sections of the forum. Folks here are friendly and knowledgable and always willing to help.

Hope to meet you at a Heartland rally one day. Perhaps you can make the MO rally in St. Charles this August (link).

F_Goose

Hi Michael,
Congrats on the new North Trail. We have a NT 26LRSS and are currently on a 3 month trip across the country; about 2 weeks in. We will be going to the Branson Rally, in addition to the Sevierville and the Stone Mountain Rallies. We look forward to meeting you at Branson and seeing your 25LRSS as we have not seen this model yet. We are now in San Antonio, soon moving to Galveston than New Orleans.

You are correct, the stock rv mattress aren't very comfortable. When we purchased we opted for the upgraded mattress and added a foam topper for extra comfort.

Good luck in your travels!
Fred

Santanilson

Hello Fred;
Thank you, we are traveling also going down to Mississippi to where the temp is a bit warmer so as to not use propane to warm up the coach. Spending a week at Cajun Rv Park in Biloxi and then heading back to St. Louis for a couple of weeks before Branson. Looking forward to meeting you in Branson and we can compare notes on both our rigs. Be careful in your travels!

Michael

Hi Michael,
Congrats on the new North Trail. We have a NT 26LRSS and are currently on a 3 month trip across the country; about 2 weeks in. We will be going to the Branson Rally, in addition to the Sevierville and the Stone Mountain Rallies. We look forward to meeting you at Branson and seeing your 25LRSS as we have not seen this model yet. We are now in San Antonio, soon moving to Galveston than New Orleanos.

You are correct, the stock rv mattress aren't very comfortable. When we purchased we opted for the upgraded mattress and added a foam topper for extra comfort.

Good luck in your travels!
Fred