New member today

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Just wanted to say thank you to all who helped me in my purchase of a North Trail 21 FBS. I picked it up in Iowa on May 2. Had to cut my visit short as there were severe thunderstorms and hail coming in that night. So took off and beat the storms. The trailer was everything I expected and more. Wow did it pull nice behind my 2011 Dodge Cummings. Didn't even know it was there. Had an engine light come on and my fuel mileage took a dump all the way back. The dealership MX said just keep driving and we will fix it on Monday...but I only got between 8.7-10.7 MPG...down from my normal of 18.5-20 mpg...wow what a hit in my wallet...Washed and waxed the camper today and it looks new again after many bugs took a nose dive into the front of it. Just joined the Heartland club a few minutes ago and will sign up for the Gillette Wyo rally as well..

Found out why they don't put a roof ladder on the north trail, at least on my model...there is a skylight on the roof above the shower and the ladder will not fit and only the right side of the north trail is supported for the ladder... had a low profile A/C put on so it would fit into the barn, 10 foot vertical door height...the trailer is now at 9'7"...
The unit was rain tested for about two days and no leaks, thank you Lord! I am 6'1" and I can actually stand up in the shower...I am so impressed so far with this unit...the only thing I see could be a problem is Heartland puts bias tires on the unit vs Radial...not sure why they cut the expense on this area which is a safety concern...also when I got back to the ranch I noticed two door hinges came out of the door over the dining table...I may try to fix it tomorrow and if it doesn't hold, will schedule an appointment in Tucson to have them fixed.

Okay enough rambling....thanks again to everyone, you are great and looking forward to seeing you in Wyo....

Garry & Dakota, My "aussie" girl.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on the new NT and welcome to the forum! I believe others have found a way to add a ladder on the 21FBS, maybe they'll chime in.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the Club! Hopefully we'll get to meet you in Gillette. A bunch of us from the Pacific Region have asked to be grouped together. Let me know if you are interested in doing that and I'll add you to the list which I have to turn in to Jim B. by the 10th of May.

Enjoy your trailer!

Kristy

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bias Ply tires have been used on trailers for years.. I had a '83 Starcraft Popup and it's tires were 14" and the radials available would not support the trailer because the sidewalls were to weak.

BC

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I got mine there too. How did the final inspection go when you went to get ? We waited around for hours for them.

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I have to say Terry Fraizer RV was the best. My camper was ready and placed in the rv spot on site on May 1st...I spent the night in it and then bought it on May 2...they did everything I requested and no problems.
I had been to many dealers and they gave me a price well worth driving for....I saved $10,000 over La Mesa RV in Tucson prices...When I got home to put it in the barn, I only had about 1 inch clearance which should have
been about 5 as I had them replace the original A/C with a low profile...it should have gone from 10ft 2 inches to 9 ft 7 inches....my door is exactly 10feet...so perhaps it was the angle of my truck in the gravel before the
concrete floor in the barn...need to play with it...garry
'