New owner - First time RV'er about to purchase a 2013 North Trail 32buds Caliber Edition

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
New owner - First time RV'er about to purchase a 2013 North Trail 32buds Cali...

When did you pass through lake Charles. We had some bad winds Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranchdip

Went through there around 9:30pm. Wind had calmed down by then. Had an interesting time in Alabama though. Thank goodness for the Equal-I-zer.

VKTalley

I have to say though; I feel I put the equivalent of 2000 miles on my trailer dragging it through the horrible roads in Louisiana. (I-10) They have made a ton of improvements but they just can't seem to get the bridge to highway transitions corrected. Talk about a jarring experience.

I can totally argue with you on I-10 in Louisiana, as we have driven it several time. I now how jarring it is with our dually and fifth wheel. We are in the Houston area working right now. I always dread I-10 when we head to Texas or from Texas. I know we will be back on it in March when we return from working in San Deigo. Have to make a stop in Mongomery, AL, to visit our dentist on that return trip.

jassson007

Went through there around 9:30pm. Wind had calmed down by then. Had an interesting time in Alabama though. Thank goodness for the Equal-I-zer.

Yeah it sure had by then. Next time you are through give me a shout. We are north of westlake. First exit after you come off tall bridge from lake Charles in i10.

jassson007

New owner - First time RV'er about to purchase a 2013 North Trail 32buds Cali...

I can totally argue with you on I-10 in Louisiana, as we have driven it several time. I now how jarring it is with our dually and fifth wheel. We are in the Houston area working right now. I always dread I-10 when we head to Texas or from Texas. I know we will be back on it in March when we return from working in San Deigo. Have to make a stop in Mongomery, AL, to visit our dentist on that return trip.

We will be in Houston this weekend Val at the rv show sat. Yall planning on making it over? I think TomMar is going to be there at the ron Hoover display.

Last edited:

Ranchdip

It was my first time to attend and all I can say is wow. There had to have been hundreds of campers there. Unfortunately Heartland wasn't as represented as I would have liked. They had a Big Country there and 1 or 2 North Trails. They had maybe a total of 5-10 Heartland trailers there total.

jassson007

It was my first time to attend and all I can say is wow. There had to have been hundreds of campers there. Unfortunately Heartland wasn't as represented as I would have liked. They had a Big Country there and 1 or 2 North Trails. They had maybe a total of 5-10 Heartland trailers there total.

Yeah we enjoy going. Been every year for last 5 or 6 years now. It is a lot to see. We like seeing what is new out there. Your right though not always a lot of heartland units unfortunately. Oh well. C'est la vie!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Join the Heartland Owners Club (free for the first year) and go to the rallies . . .

We just got back a week ago from the Arizona HOC Winter Rally in Quartzsite, Arizona . . . what a blast!

We missed a couple of days due to having a wheel bearing in our trailer burn out while driving through Phoenix, but still made the best of it once we got there!

And we've already attended two Colorado HOC Rallies . . . and have three more HOC rallies penciled in on our calender!

You'll never meet a better bunch of folks!

VKTalley

Re: New owner - First time RV'er about to purchase a 2013 North Trail 32buds Cali...

We will be in Houston this weekend Val at the rv show sat. Yall planning on making it over? I think TomMar is going to be there at the ron Hoover display.

I saw the signs for that show but we had not made plans to be there. Are y'all staying in the area? We are at Jellystone RV park in Waller, TX, off US 290 to the northwest of Houston.

jassson007

Re: New owner - First time RV'er about to purchase a 2013 North Trail 32buds Cali...

I saw the signs for that show but we had not made plans to be there. Are y'all staying in the area? We are at Jellystone RV park in Waller, TX, off US 290 to the northwest of Houston.

Nah we are just driving in for the day. It is only a two hour drive for us. DW has front row tix for Alabama the night before and wants to do family stuff Sunday. Let me know if yall come down Saturday though. It is not a bad show but if you have been to Tampa or Hershey you will be disappointed. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ranchdip

I just noticed on my new-used 32buds some light spots on my cabinets where the staples are. Is this common? It looks like a wood dis colorization everywhere there is a wood staple. Is there a way to make these lighter spots match the rest of the cabinet wood?

jbeletti

I just noticed on my new-used 32buds some light spots on my cabinets where the staples are. Is this common? It looks like a wood dis colorization everywhere there is a wood staple. Is there a way to make these lighter spots match the rest of the cabinet wood?

My guess is that it us color matching putty that was wiped onto the staple but it wasn't very color matching. Can you post a picture?

Ranchdip

bc768b152a7f2a28475b3fb16baffba0.jpg

Notice on the trim the lighter spots where the staples were shot into the wood.

jbeletti

I'd say those are "putty halos". Use a clean rag and buff the areas to remove the halos. This should have been done better at our plant. But maybe this is the previous owner's or the dealer's repair.

Ranchdip

Thanks. I was wondering if that was it. The dealer told me it was just the compression from the staplegun doing the discoloration. But I was thinking it would've likely been something different as there is also a few light spots on the wallpaper that are very similar around the staples. Is there a product you think I could use on it?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have those spots everywhere throughout our trailer on the wallpaper . . .

I would be interested in a way to get them off as well!

You can see two of them on the wall just to the left of Spicy Kitty and over the tea/coffee cup!

Campout2012Spicy-PC270042.jpg

Ranchdip

Yep. They were putty halos. Buffed right out. Unfortunately I've got about 50+ to buff out. They clearly missed this at the factory. I'm happy now knowing I can get it looking good. Thanks for the heads up.