New Owner of 2013 Landmark Key Largo

Texas-Gal

My husband and I just took possesion of our 2013 Key Largo and made a quick trip as quickly as we could get it stocked up. We were gone for a week and really enjoyed the amount of room and the storage in the rig. We just sold our 2007 Cardinal 5th wheel. We only had a couple of problems and they were both operator error! My husband raised one of the doors above the main tv and must have been using his hidden Hulk strength and raised it a bit too far and pulled one side loose. He was able to fix this without much trouble. The next error will be a little more expensive! While preparing to clse up and head home the bedroom slide was closed while the bay door was open! Okay, stop laughing!! On our Cardinal, the bay door swung out instead of up. Old habits kicked in! We go see the dealer for estimate of damages on Wednesday. Live and learn. Any other common 'gotchas' that we should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

jimtoo

HI Texas-Gal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Glad you had a good first trip. You are not the first to close the slide with the door open.

Check out the rallies in your area and the Heartland Owners Club. We do have rally close by you this month in Spring, Tx. Still have some places open.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Welcome to the forum Texas Gal. On the oops with the basement door and bedroom slide, I use two 18" long sections of a swimming pool noodle on the bottom of the slide. This protects the door from hitting the slide and my head from hitting the corner of the slide. The only 'gotcha' is you neet to take them off before the slide is completely closed. Enjoy your KL - we love ours.

P.S. Are you aware there is a rally in the Woodlands April 20-22, 2012? The original registration has closed but if y'all wanted to attend Rayford Crossing RV Park (281-298-8460) could tell you if they have any spaces left. More details are on this forum under the South Texas Spring Rallly. There will be more KL's there.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Hope ya'll are safe after seeing the bad weather in your state. When things settle down weather wise, check out the benefits of joining the Heartland Owners Club. There is a great group there in TX.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
There just MAY be a Grand Canyon there too!

Texas-Gal, I'm sure that we can still get you a site if you call the park and speak with Melissa. Love to have you there.

CliffP

Congratulations on your new camper purchase and welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great advice here.
Enjoy your new camper!

Cliff and Mindy

Texas-Gal

Thanks for the warm welcomes and information! We already have some family obligations in late April so we won't make the Spring , TX rally. We have a trip planned to MIssissippi in early May for friends' 55th Wedding Anniversary party, a family graduation in Austin, TX in late May. a couple of visits to friends and family in there somewhere and then we'll be in Alto, NM until the end of October!!We'll stay posted on the rally schedule and look for one to attend if we can! Meanwhile, I'll be reading and lurking on her for tips and info.

a
pril ao we won't make the Rally in