New Owners (almost) & new to this forum

Dustdevil

We got our Heartland Pioneer on Feb 18, bought it in Lake Park, GA. We are going to become "snow birds" starting this fall. Our unit will be parked in southern GA, near some friends that live in the area. We currently reside in Fargo, ND which helps to explain why we are doing this. So we won't see our unit again until probably Oct sometime. Now we are making lists of what we might need, what to take along with us, etc. Our fridge did not work on electric, so the unit will be coming in for that today. While in the shop, I am having a EMS (surge protector) installed. I'm sure I will think of more questions as I sit here in the "frozen north" and ponder our next winter down south..

jimtoo

Hi Dustdevil,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I’m sure you will get some suggestions soon.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

NP_Chief

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum. We are not far from Lake Park and the wifey works in Valdosta. If y'all need anything when your down this way, let us know. Did you buy from Day Brothers or Camping World?

Dustdevil

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum. We are not far from Lake Park and the wifey works in Valdosta. If y'all need anything when your down this way, let us know. Did you buy from Day Brothers or Camping World?

Thanks for the response NP_Chief.. We looked at all 3 RV dealers in L.P. Day Bros had a unit that we liked (Forest River) but had an outside kitchen in it. It just took too much storage away for us, since we'll be living in it for 5-7 months, depending on what the weather does in ND. I also did not care for the sales rep that we were dealing with, the attitude mostly. Liked the unit there, but the storage was the big thing. Wife is a quilter and will be taking over the back bunkhouse section for that. Plus the bottom bunk on one side has storage under it. So we bought from Camping World. Our unit in now in C.W. shop where they will fix the electric water heater problem (not working) and will install an EMS surge protector in it for us. Our friends live on Pete Rd, south of Lake Park. That's where our unit will be until the C.W. people tow it up to Ceicil
Bay RV Park, north of Valdosta.

NP_Chief

Thanks for the response NP_Chief.. We looked at all 3 RV dealers in L.P. Day Bros had a unit that we liked (Forest River) but had an outside kitchen in it. It just took too much storage away for us, since we'll be living in it for 5-7 months, depending on what the weather does in ND. I also did not care for the sales rep that we were dealing with, the attitude mostly. Liked the unit there, but the storage was the big thing. Wife is a quilter and will be taking over the back bunkhouse section for that. Plus the bottom bunk on one side has storage under it. So we bought from Camping World. Our unit in now in C.W. shop where they will fix the electric water heater problem (not working) and will install an EMS surge protector in it for us. Our friends live on Pete Rd, south of Lake Park. That's where our unit will be until the C.W. people tow it up to Ceicil
Bay RV Park, north of Valdosta.

We almost bought a Forest River Toy Hauler from Day Brothers from our 2nd salesman... The first one had a bad attitude and when he found out I was cop, he disappeared. Glad it happened that way because we love our Torque. We have never stayed at Cecil Bay. We have stayed at the Eagles Roost if the state park in Cook County (Reed Bingham) was booked. Reed Bingham State Park is only 30 minutes from home but great for a weekend of camping with the kiddos. If you ever have an issue getting in for service at CW, there is a place in Hahira called Valdosta RV, they do service work and the staff is good.

Hello!

I'm seriously looking at a 2014 Big Horn 3260 and just thought I’d introduce myself!

my name is Lauren, and my fiancé is a farrier. We reside between Florida in the winters, and Long Island (3 mos), Saratoga (6 weeks), then back to Long Island for 3 months. Owning an RV will be more cost effective for us since rent alone for 6 weeks in Saratoga can cost up wards of 10k.

Just joined, so I’m navigating my way thru the site.

Cant wait to find out all about this 5th wheel!

- Lauren

jimtoo

Hello!

I'm seriously looking at a 2014 Big Horn 3260 and just thought I’d introduce myself!

my name is Lauren, and my fiancé is a farrier. We reside between Florida in the winters, and Long Island (3 mos), Saratoga (6 weeks), then back to Long Island for 3 months. Owning an RV will be more cost effective for us since rent alone for 6 weeks in Saratoga can cost up wards of 10k.

Just joined, so I’m navigating my way thru the site.

Cant wait to find out all about this 5th wheel!

- Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of good info soon.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland unit.
Jim M