New Sundance Quality Issues

iawoody2

We picked up our new Sundance last Tuesday and went on a 6 day trip to check everything out. We have a list of things that need attention and are going to the dealer next week. These things should all have been taken care of before leaving the factory. Numerous places on the wood trim where the nail holes were filled but the excess putty not cleaned off, loose corner trim, gouges in the wood window trim, and the most annoying was the first night. My wife walked around barefoot on the carpet while I crawled along with a hammer to tap down all the carpet stables that were protruding.

Now none of this is huge, but just annoying that the quality control of the factory would let these things out the door. We operated all systems and found nothing wrong, and love the floorplan and the coach overall.

It's just that now the dealer needs to fix things that should have never made it that far.

Bob and Pat

Ron-Cookie

We picked up our Sundance last Monday but have not had a chance to take it our yet... I will have to have Cookie walk around barefoot so I hammer down some staples... If you found some I am sure we will as well... We hope to take it out for a few days once it gets below 100 degrees down here.

Earl_Max

We picked up our new Sundance last Tuesday and went on a 6 day trip to check everything out. We have a list of things that need attention and are going to the dealer next week. These things should all have been taken care of before leaving the factory. Numerous places on the wood trim where the nail holes were filled but the excess putty not cleaned off, loose corner trim, gouges in the wood window trim, and the most annoying was the first night. My wife walked around barefoot on the carpet while I crawled along with a hammer to tap down all the carpet stables that were protruding.

Now none of this is huge, but just annoying that the quality control of the factory would let these things out the door. We operated all systems and found nothing wrong, and love the floorplan and the coach overall.

It's just that now the dealer needs to fix things that should have never made it that far.

Somebody needs to take that stapler away from Mr Carpet installer.
Our 3300CK has 50 gazzilion staples poking up, that sure makes a person wince on a bare foot.
We have had many, many warranty fixes as well and plenty that I've done myself. I watched all the videos on YouTube that Heartland has posted; and if they were to truly follow what they are preaching, most of this would NEVER make it to the dealer.
My warranty dealer has been excellant, in handling the messes left for them, but after several talks with the techs, they are getting very frustrated dealing with the same issues over and over. Too many good things going for Heartland to screw up on basic quality control.
I've worked in manufacturing a long time, if you want to lose customers have them step on a cluster of staples with a hot coffee in one hand.:mad:

I post as it is, and hope that feedback reaches the ears of those that make the decisions in the brand we have chosen. It was a real stretch to step away from Brand X that had treated me well, and give the Sundance a chance. I like it alot, but it pains me (literally) to deal with unacceptable quality control, when the construction materials and construction methods genarally are so good.

Last edited:

dalspot

Our 2012 had the same staple problem, purchased April 2011. So, it's not a new problem. We did the same thing, pulling some, hammering others. Every now and again, I'll still feel one sticking up a bit.

Karen

jbeletti

Somebody needs to take that stapler away from Mr Carpet installer.
Our 3300CK has 50 gazzilion staples poking up, that sure makes a person wince on a bare foot.
We have had many, many warranty fixes as well and plenty that I've done myself. I watched all the videos on YouTube that Heartland has posted; and if they were to truly follow what they are preaching, most of this would NEVER make it to the dealer.
My warranty dealer has been excellant, in handling the messes left for them, but after several talks with the techs, they are getting very frustrated dealing with the same issues over and over. Too many good things going for Heartland to screw up on basic quality control.
I've worked in manufacturing a long time, if you want to lose customers have them step on a cluster of staples with a hot coffee in one hand.:mad:

I post as it is, and hope that feedback reaches the ears of those that make the decisions in the brand we have chosen. It was a real stretch to step away from Brand X that had treated me well, and give the Sundance a chance. I like it alot, but it pains me (literally) to deal with unacceptable quality control, when the construction materials and construction methods genarally are so good.

Feedback has reached the ears of those in a position to effect change. I got feedback from the SD General Manager that a meeting was held at the plant today to discuss this issue. Thank you for letting me know so I could pass this on.

dalspot

Wow, this is what makes Heartland a great company! They listen to their owners and continually try to make a better product.

Karen

Feedback has reached the ears of those in a position to effect change. I got feedback from the SD General Manager that a meeting was held at the plant today to discuss this issue. Thank you for letting me know so I could pass this on.

iawoody2

Thanks for the update,
We took our Sundance to the dealer yesterday and went over our list with the service manager. He assured us that everything would be taken care of, and most of this stuff he had seen before. The salesman's comment was that sometimes it is like the dealer is the last 50 feet of the assembly line.
If there another rally at the factory we would attend.
Bob and Pat

Earl_Max

Thanks Jim,

That is really helps buyers like me feel that this Forum has life and purpose.
Glad you pop in here and read what the end users are posting up, that kind of direct responsiveness will set Heartland apart in the marketplace.

The salesman's comment was that sometimes it is like the dealer is the last 50 feet of the assembly line.
Now THAT, about nails it.

Snow

Thanks Jim,

That is really helps buyers like me feel that this Forum has life and purpose.
Glad you pop in here and read what the end users are posting up, that kind of direct responsiveness will set Heartland apart in the marketplace.

Now THAT, about nails it.
Like I've said before heartland has a great product and their customer service is great ,I've already used them for some warranty stuff ,still waiting on parts though but at least there on the way ,BUT QC "come on man " someone in your dept needs to step up ,I have worked in a food plant for 34 yrs ,yes food is a lot different then an RV but what iam saying is when someone don't do their job right it messes up the whole operation and they might get 2 chances but in 34 yrs I've never seen a third chance and that's for the line workers it's worse for us In maintenance , but we respect our boss and was brought up that way , the turnover for maintenance is 0% for the last ten years . For about a million lbs of product that we produce every week we might get a handful of complaints a year and that's mostly due to shipping ,anyway I know Jim B is trying to do something thanks Jim ,and thanks again heartland for a great product just step up the Q C ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄