New to forum looking for advice

Bsizzler

Hello everyone,

i am looking into upgrading to a heartland Rv. I am a full timer but have a few questions regarding several models. I need something with a bunkhouse so I have been checking into the gateway brand. Is the quality of the gateway good enough to full time in? I am usually stationary for 4-8 weeks and then move locations. I am in multiple weather environments.
What is the suggestion when finances are an issue and I'm trying to stay as affordable as possible but yet I need decent quality so it will hold up over time.
I am currently in a unit that I have had for one year and it is definitely time to upgrade as it is definitely not a full timers trailer.
Please help.
Thanks

jimtoo

Hi Bsizzler,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from our other members that fulltime in their Heartland unit.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Bsizzler,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heartland positions the Landmark 365, Bighorn, and Big Country as full time units with a warranty that specifically supports full time use.

There are many people who full time in other units, including Gateways and I expect some of them will chime in.

If you're going into sub-freezing weather, you'll need to consider options like dual pane windows. You'll definitely need tank heaters. And you'll want to take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide for tips on how to keep the water running in extreme climates.

Bsizzler

Thank you. I appreciate all the help.
Hi Bsizzler,Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions from our other members that fulltime in their Heartland unit. Enjoy the forum.Jim M

justafordguy

We aren't full time but love our Gateway 3650BH. It is a well made unit and has good insulation and comes with tank heater standard. The only issues we have had with ours was bad A/C units made by Dometic (third one in 6 months), but this has nothing to do with Heartland. Also be sure to get upgraded tires, the ones it came with are junk.

Bsizzler

I just replaced my dometic AC unit with a Coleman Mack and I love it. It performs so much better.
When you say upgraded tires, are you referring to tire size or brand name?
Im assuming it comes with 16" tires?

thank you for all the assistance,
brian

LandYacht

Welcome to the forum, this was the same thing I did before I purchased my Road Warrior 425. I searched all the forums for the what to buys and what not to buys. I full time in my RV and from my experience here in the south I can tell you to definitely find a winter package camper. My toy hauler section is not insulated on the bottom, as most are not, but the dual paned windows in an Artic Package would have helped tremendously. At the time I wasn't thinking "winter" package........I kind of laughed due to where I live here in the south but it would have made a major difference in these extreme heat temps during the summer. Just a food for thought. Definitely look at them all in person as you are the only one who can truly make your decision. I personally like my huge couch and no kitchen table for instance.

Bsizzler

I never thought about the dual pane windows helping with the heat. Thanks for the advice.

Welcome to the forum, this was the same thing I did before I purchased my Road Warrior 425. I searched all the forums for the what to buys and what not to buys. I full time in my RV and from my experience here in the south I can tell you to definitely find a winter package camper. My toy hauler section is not insulated on the bottom, as most are not, but the dual paned windows in an Artic Package would have helped tremendously. At the time I wasn't thinking "winter" package........I kind of laughed due to where I live here in the south but it would have made a major difference in these extreme heat temps during the summer. Just a food for thought. Definitely look at them all in person as you are the only one who can truly make your decision. I personally like my huge couch and no kitchen table for instance.

buddyboy

When you say upgraded tires, are you referring to tire size or brand name?
Im assuming it comes with 16" tires?

thank you for all the assistance,
brian

Do NOT have Towmax tires on your trailer. Get upgraded. Just do a search on here for Towmax and you'll understand why.