New to the club

MARKJ

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2009 Heartland Sundance 2997BHS Fifth Wheel last October. We absolutely love our new RV and have taken it out a couple times. The reason for my post is before heading out for the Memorial Day Holiday I had problems with one of the front landing gear legs. This is the leg that has the motor and gear box attached to it. The motor works because it still moves the other leg up and down. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. I'm thinking I need to replace the gear box. Is this an easy fix or should I take to dealer? Like I said I'm new to the RV world and would appreciate any help.

jimtoo

Hi Markj,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some answers or suggestions for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Moved thread to better area.

danemayer

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2009 Heartland Sundance 2997BHS Fifth Wheel last October. ..... I had problems with one of the front landing gear legs. This is the leg that has the motor and gear box attached to it. The motor works because it still moves the other leg up and down. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. I'm thinking I need to replace the gear box. Is this an easy fix or should I take to dealer? ....

Hi Markj,

Your Sundance may have Venture electric landing gear in which case the documents we have on the forum may be helpful to you. Here's a link.

justafordguy

I would say if one side still works the gearbox is fine. It's probably the gears in the top of the leg that's not working. It could have sheared the drive pin that holds the gear to the shaft.

Gaffer

Check the brand and date code on your tires. If they are Towmax, don't worry about the date code, just get rid of them. Type tires, in the search block at the top of the page and you will find plenty of threads on tires.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Welcome to the Forum! Its an indispensable wealth of knowledge about your new to you Sundance.

Hope to see you at a Rally (or two!).

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Check the cross shaft for a missing pin at the leg that does not move. This is the most common cause for one side not to work.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
MARKJ,
Welcome to the Heartland Forum and family. You came to the right place for information. Trace