New to using auto leveling system

danemayer

While I was at Lazydays Rv in sefner Fl I ran into a Lippert rep. His specialty was chassis and 6 point leveling. He told me never manually level. Only use manual to stabilize your rig. So I took the information as gospel. I suggest if you have any further questions call Lippert. By the way this rep was recruited out of retirement from Lippert. So that information to me was first hand info.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The problem with field reps is that they are usually not the engineers who designed the system and they may be repeating something they heard and perhaps misunderstood. So you might follow their advice, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

We've had the levelup inventor at some of the North American rallies in Goshen. I'm sure he never warned us to not use the manual function.

And as skittish as Lippert is on many issues, if they didn't want you to use the manual function because it would damage their frame, they would have at the very least put a bold warning in their manuals telling you not to ever level in manual mode. And they probably would have disabled/removed manual mode from the controller.

Of course we all get to take these snippets of information and make our own decisions.

Followed Dan's advice by pulling up the rear jacks, leveling with the from and then manually leveling with the rears. Dropped the coach 2 inches and much more stabile with the tires on the ground. Thanks for everyone's input and help.