New Towing Rig

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: New Rig

And no cruise control, varying the RPM/MPH while driving.

I really like that color!!!

Yeah DW put it on cruise during test drive, had to get into her. Lol. Colors almost match exactly with the Big Country. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

I'm sorry and hope this does not hurt your feeling. But man you messed up big time. That truck will never pull the camper. You will be lucky if it will even put its self with the hitch mounted. Plus its so ugly.
So just send it my way and I will suffer through the hardship for you. And will not even change you for all my trouble's.

Now I can't see laptop screen, Drooling :p all over it looking at the pics of that great looking truck. Enjoy and looking forward to hearing a review on it after you get hooked up . And put some miles on that truck.
Pete

As I was reading first line I am like really?? lol. Then I read rest of post. I appreciate the fact that your willing to take my suffering for me so I don't have too. Lol. You sound like such a nice guy to do that and then not even charge me to do that wow!!

Thanks for the compliments so far we love it and will come to like it more as we discover even more things we can do with it. I will keep you posted on mileage once we get to tow with it.

scottyb

Andy that is gorgeous. I had not yet seen a dually in KB. My wife's truck is KB and I could swear it was black until I saw it in the sun. It is a really beautiful color when the sun shines on it.

jassson007

Andy that is gorgeous. I had not yet seen a dually in KB. My wife's truck is KB and I could swear it was black until I saw it in the sun. It is a really beautiful color when the sun shines on it.

Yes it is. The brown is dark until sun shines on it. Previous truck was black so I like the darker colors. My dealer has another on lot but this one is king ranch model.

Mrsfish

Dependent on the wind and terrain in 3,240 towing miles I have been ranging from a 11 to just over 14 (strong tail wind) mpg. I have just a little over 5 k miles on the truck.

what- you camping at home? LOL We got our truck in May, put the rig away for the winter in mid October, work full time and have 13k miles. We also average 13-19 empty and 10-14ish when pulling. Have pulled through the bighorn mountains, the Rockies and whatever the mountains are outside of Durango. We store in the white mountains of arizona so it gets high altitude pulling there. It pulls like a dream, good weather and bad. We also changed to a bigger Titan tank and added firestone airbags.

pegmikef

what- you camping at home? LOL.

Yeah, I know it seems like it to us right now. We got the BH in mid July and used it up to first week in December, but mostly fairly local places here in Texas and Oklahoma. Grandson is a senior and varsity BB player so that slows us down. And we usually try to schedule all the family, medical, and any other obligations in Dec - Feb time frame and then we will be back on the road come March. Looking at your MPG, I think mine is right in the ballpark because it looks like our rigs are pretty much the same except mine has DRW (which I think more adversely affects my mileage when I am empty because it is not as high as yours).