New Wildnerness Owner.

Hello all. new wilderness 2175RB owner here. what kind of equipment will i need to get that is usually required to tow this camper? we will be towing from Texas to Iowa at least once a year. i own a 2015 tundra crew max with towing package. any recommendations? thanks in advance.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Wilderness. If you don't already have it, I recommend investing in a quality weight distribution and sway control set-up. I'm sure others will be along with more suggestions

hey there NP_Chief, thanks for the reply. is that set up easy to install or should i get a dealer to do it. by the way, i am an aviation mechanic by trade, if that helps.

rhodies1

Look at purchasing the Blue Ox weight distribution pkg,it comes with the built in sway control which is very very good.the dealer can install and set up. It’s not a large install and can be set up easily,you just need your tow vehicle and trailer connected during install.

NP_Chief

They are all fairly easy to install and set-up. Just follow the instructions that comes with whatever unit you decide to go with. If the dealer is offering free install with purchase, let them do it. If the dealer does it, make sure you go and watch them so you will know how to do it the future.

thanks for all the input. next big question is where to find a maintenance manual for the Wilderness 2175RB. i did see the generic owner manuals, but nothing for the maintenance. stuff like recommended greases for the slide, bearing grease, etc. anyplace to find this?

danemayer

thanks for all the input. next big question is where to find a maintenance manual for the Wilderness 2175RB. i did see the generic owner manuals, but nothing for the maintenance. stuff like recommended greases for the slide, bearing grease, etc. anyplace to find this?

There is no single maintenance manual. The Heartland manual has a maintenance schedule, and covers items like torque values and a few other things. For other maintenance info, you'll want to take a look at the individual manufacturer manuals. New trailers come with a blue pouch containing most of what you need. In addition, we have a large collection of manufacturer manuals, here, for the trailer appliances and subsystems. In addition, there's a lot of useful information in our owner-written user guides in this folder.

There is no single maintenance manual. The Heartland manual has a maintenance schedule, and covers items like torque values and a few other things. For other maintenance info, you'll want to take a look at the individual manufacturer manuals. New trailers come with a blue pouch containing most of what you need. In addition, we have a large collection of manufacturer manuals, here, for the trailer appliances and subsystems. In addition, there's a lot of useful information in our owner-written user guides in this folder.

hello Danemayer. bought this unit used and the owner couldn't find his owners manual. so really don' know what type of slide system I have on this unit. I saw there were a couple of different types in the folder. I just want to make sure I use the right cleaners and lubes

danemayer

hello Danemayer. bought this unit used and the owner couldn't find his owners manual. so really don' know what type of slide system I have on this unit. I saw there were a couple of different types in the folder. I just want to make sure I use the right cleaners and lubes
For Hydraulic Slides, Lippert says:
the system is designed to be almost maintenance free, actuate the slideouts once or twice a month to keep the &eals andInternal moving parts lubricated.
Check for any visible signs of external damage or "leakage· before and after movement of the unit.
When the room is out, visually inspect the Inner and Outer Assemblies of the slideout. Check for excess build-up of dirt or other
foreign material ; remove any debris that may be present.
If the system squeaks or makes any noises It is permissible to apply a coat of lightweight oil to the drive shaft and roller areas of
the slideout only but remove any excess oil so dirt and debris do not build-up. DO NOT USE GREASE.

Electric slideouts don't have a lot of components exposed and I don't think I've seen any Lippert direction on lubrication or other preventive maintenance.

For Hydraulic Slides, Lippert says:

Electric slideouts don't have a lot of components exposed and I don't think I've seen any Lippert direction on lubrication or other preventive maintenance.
I had the slide out this past week. only thing I saw was steel cables on the top and bottom and nothing really supporting it. I do have some aircraft cable lube I can use on the cables. but that is really the only mechanical thing I saw.