Newbie buying 2013 22RBS CE - Any Andersen Hitch Experience?

Newbie buying 2013 22FBS CE - Any Andersen Hitch Experience?

We put a deposit on a barely used 22FBS Calibur Edition this week and I have a few days to decide on which WD hitch to install. TV is a 2006 4Runner, and I did a 15 mile test pull without a WD hitch. I definitely want to make things solid and appropriate since we pushed our weight target up a bit from my ideal. Long term we may get rid of my minivan in favor of a full-sized SUV as a TV so things are better matched.

I initially was assuming I'd be going with a Equal-i-zer since they're common, mostly appreciated, and somewhat straightforward. But someone suggested I look at the Andersen. The Andersen looks like something my wife would be a lot happier with being a part of the hooking up and dropping process.

Anyone here with experience? A quick search here on Andersen mostly turned up their fifth wheel stuff.

Best regards,
Chris

PS - My wife grew up with trailers, but this will be all new to me.

(mods, feel free to relocate this thread if appropriate)

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi BubbaChris,

Congratulations on your new-to-you rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I've moved your thread into the Trailer Hitch area and hopefully you'll get advice from other owners shortly.