Newbie from Central Florida

DocMartin

Wanted to introduce ourselves. The Martins from Ocala, FL.

We just signed the papers tonight for our new 2018 Road Warrior 427 with a delivery day next Friday. What a beautiful beast! We traded in our 2014 Forest River V-Cross Platinum 365VTSB on it. That was our first Rv and we loved it and learned a lot. We are recreational RVers at this stage but try to get about 30 days a year. 25 thus far and have more scheduled. We are a younger family of 4 and take the kiddos and family poodle with us most of the time. We love the quality family time and we have 3 other camping families we go with quite a bit. This will be the unit we keep until I partially retire in 9 years then we may go to a diesel pusher.

i love the forums because we can learn a lot from the other owners. I look forward to chatting with try other members and owners.

jimtoo

Hi Doc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper

You can download my Pre-Delivery Inspection document, by clicking on the link in my signature below.

This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the trailer as well as having you inspect the trailer. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop).

No matter what the dealer says, their PDI is will never cover everything. Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

Buster537

Congratulations and welcome Doc!! Join the club and sign up for some of the rallies; you’ll learn from others experiences and meet some great people.

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Hi Doc, Congratulations on your new rig!! Sounds like great times are out ahead of you. Welcome to the forum and please look into the Heartland Owners Club. It is very true, we have lots of fun at the rallies and meet such great people. Safe travels.

Terri:rolleyes:

DocMartin

Thanks for the nice welcomes! We did the walk through yesterday. They still have to swap the surge system from my old unit and install the backup camera. My new Anderson Ultimate 2 will be here on Monday so will be set to pick up on Tues.

Here is a pic of the unit for the walk through:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 32

DocMartin

Picked her up today. She's a hottie!

Attachments

• IMG_7001.jpg
    IMG_7001.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6998.jpg
    IMG_6998.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7007.jpg
    IMG_7007.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 21

carl.swoyer

Welcome!
Carl & Christine from
Spring Hill Florida.
Enjoy your new home. And Oregon camper is right. Inspect and run everything. The dealer is extremely excited about another delivery. The more you find at delivery the better off your going to be afterwards.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk