Just got home with our new Big Country 3690SL

M.Watson

Hi were are new to the Heartland family, just bought a new 2013 Big Country 3690 SL from Wagner Trailer Sales in Wisconsin and pulled her across 6 states and 1 province to get home to Qualicum Beach, British Columbia. She pulled like a dream, and we had many positive comments on our new unit from other RVer's and just people walking by in the parking lot. We love our new Big Country and are looking forward to taking her back out this weekend. We had one small problem on the way home we discovered that the lights in the living room and kitchen slides not working, discovered a blown fuse which I assume is the problem, replaced the fuse, blew again right away. (any suggestions appreciated I know nothing about electricity). I am about to send in an application to the Heartland Owners Club and look forward to many happy travels in our ne 5th wheel. Mike and Hazel Watson

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hellow M.Watson and welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum. Lots of great information here.
It sounds like there might be a short somewhere causing the fuses to blow.
Take a look under the slides and check out the wires that run from a metal junction box.
There could be a pinched wire somewhere along the line.
If you find nothing remove the cover from the box and look for a splice that may have come apart and shorted.
Be aware that there are wires in that box that carry 120 volts AC.
Be sure to turn off any generator and unplug from shore power before removing the cover.
I move your post to the appropriate forum.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats and welcome to the Heartland family. Come out to a rally when you can. Trace

TedS

Congratulations on the new rig.
Blown fuse and ceiling lights indicate a 12vdc problem, not 120 volt. Going to have to find the short in the 12vdc light circuit.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
12 volt problem, yes.
But the OP has to be aware of 120 volt AC as well.

Peace
Dave

M.Watson

Thanks for the advice on our electrical problem, I have spoken to Heartland this a.m. and they have authorized a local dealer to service our problem (electricity scares the c--p out of me) We have service booked for Tuesday morning right after we get back from our Easter weekend camping trip. Thank you all also for your welcome to the owners club and hope to meet you at a rally or in a campsite some day. Regards Mike and Hazel Watson

MCTalley

No additional help on the electrical issues, but we have a 2013 3690SL that we love. Been full-timing in it for 18 months now. Very few issues, and they've all been pretty small. Best floorplan ever. Surprised you still found a new one hanging around somewhere.

M.Watson

Malcolm and Val Thanks, glad to hear you love your 3690sl as much as I know we will, saw the floor plan in a brochure a couple of years ago and fell in love just didn't think we would ever be able to afford one. A couple of months ago I found this one still brand new at a great price and bought it over the internet hoping it would be all we dreamed it would be and it is and more can' t wait to get out and spend more time in it. Mike and Hazel

Manzan

Welcome to the Heartland family. It has been a long time since we have been to Vancouver Island. Used to tent camp at Long Beach, Pacific Rim National Park when you could camp on the beach its self. Wonderful area, the whole Island is a wonderland.