Newbie needs advice....2009 LM Pinehurst or 2011 BC 3500RL?

My husband and I travel all over as contracted bomb techs. We have decided to purchase a 5er instead of staying in extended stays. We have spent countless hours trying to decide on exactly what we are needing to be full timers! Our dilema is we had picked a 2011 BC 3500RL, but the dealer also has a 2009 LM Pinehurst in mint condition. Both units have pros and cons. There is only a 6k difference in price, the BC being the more expensive. Does anyone have any advice on which is the better quiality unit with the least amount of problems?

All your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

jimtoo

Hi bombtechsx2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and soon to be family members. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't remember for sure, but I think the floor plans are close to the same. I think if you really get down and check fit and finish overall and quality, you will find the Landmark Pinehurst to be better all the way around. Don't get me wrong, the Big Country is a nice unit, but my personal opinion is down the road, the Landmark Pinehurst would win for me. Also I think the Pinehurst will have more bells and whistles.

Enjoy the forum and which ever unit you decide on.

Jim M

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Landmark is top of the line. We just ordered a Landmark Key Largo and have done TONS of research on Heartland products and after much debate decided to go with the Landmark as we were afraid that in the near future we we feel the need to 'move up'...we have now eliminated that need. Good luck in whichever product you choose...Heartland makes GREAT products...period.

Kelly

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have a 2010 Landmark Pinehurst. When we purchased, we went with the Landmark because of the "extras" that it came with. My personal opinion (what ever that's worth) is you'll be a lot happier in the Landmark down the road. Yes it's two years old instead of brand new but it has a lot more "ammenities" and I think you'll, as 2psnapod said, eliminate the feeling of needing to move up in a few years. Besides all new trailers have some bugs that need to be worked out. Hopefully the Landmark will have already had those "little" things fixed. The only recommendation I can think of would be to ask the dealer to talk to the previous owners of the Pinehurst and find out why they traded in. If they'll accomodate that request then chances are you've eliminated a major concern of buying a used rig.

Thank you so much Jim for your insight. It's greatly appreciated! I think we have decided on the LM Pinehurst, due to several features. It's a huge undertaking for us, as we have never done any type of RVing! It makes it so much more pleasant to have veterans advice!

Thanks again,
Michele

Thanks so much Kelly! It's funny you mentioned the "move up" factor! We have previously discussed that very thing! LOL! We have decided on the LM, strongly due to that factor!

Thank you so much for the advice!

Michele

Great idea Keith! I will ask the dealer to do just that! I think the LM is the choice for us! I think we will find it more liveable! I'm not sure what the two Westies will think, but they should adapt quickly! I'm sure they'll be thinking they have a lot more room than an extended stay! :)

Thanks for your help!

Michele

caissiel

We have the 2009 BC 3500RL. To be honest we love our 2009 unit much more then the new 2011. The hydraulic slide individual controls are still missing on the 2011, and the interior is much more appealing to us.
I have made a lot of changes to our unit to please our full timing request and we are very satisfied with our unit and will not change for any other unit. The BC is lighter and we are able to pull it with the F250 with ease. Its easier to pull then the previous 12K unit we had before that we pulled for 9 years with a 6.5L GM Diesel.

We were at the Tampa RV show this year and had a chance to visit many units around our units range and came back home very satisfied with our unit.

Just get the unit that suits your needs and wants because we have noticed many couples buy a unit and then they are not satisfied. We were very well in the previous unit that we kept for 13 years, and this one will be ours for a long time.