Newbie with a question

Toterhome

HI

Great bunch here. Really excited about learning more. 2012 Road Warrior Toyhauler and pulling with a F-650 toterhome. I just got both. question, on top of the RV kinda over top of the loft I see a small black pedestal that looks like something screwed on to it. Any idea what is supposed to be? Also underneath near the rear stabilzers is a box that says 15' cable, has a tab for cranking it but I don't see that it goes to anything??????

THANKS

jimtoo

Hi Toterhome,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of out other toyhauler owners will jump in soon with some answers for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

rarnold

Welcome, Toterhome. I don't know about the roof but the small box down by the rear stabilizers could be a retractable toy lock. I have one on my Sundance. It works great and sure comes in handy to help keep honest people honest.

Enjoy your new rigs.

Rod

Mburtsvt

Welcome, Toterhome. I don't know about the roof but the small box down by the rear stabilizers could be a retractable toy lock. I have one on my Sundance. It works great and sure comes in handy to help keep honest people honest.

Enjoy your new rigs.

Rod

You forgot to tell him to pull out the cable by the end. It will retract on it's own when you let it go back. Very cool feature.

Toterhome

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! really appreciate it gang. I learned something new. IT makes perfect sense now. Sure had me baffled. Now if I could figure out that little black pedestal on the roof that looks like it had something small screwed on to it???

THANKS for the nice welcome

danemayer

HI

question, on top of the RV kinda over top of the loft I see a small black pedestal that looks like something screwed on to it. Any idea what is supposed to be?

It may have been a modification done by the prior owner. A picture or two would help.

AAdams

If the black pedestal is located right above the garage radio could it be where the small antenna is supposed to be. Might be missing the top of it.

Toterhome

I really appreciate all of the help. GREAT FORUM I hope to post a pic of my truck and rig when I figure out how to do it?

Toterhome

trying to post a pic of the item in question on my roof but having trouble, is my file to large or I am not permitted to do so?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try hitting the "Advanced" button on the bottom of the reply screen. Then scroll to the "Manage Attachments" button. Use the pull-down box and instructions to retrieve the photo from your files. At least that's how it works on a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

From a smartphone, select the photo in the file and then hit the + button next to the text box. A photo icon (second in the line) should appear. Hit that and the photo should attach.
e904b63dfcd65a3e1e132676d8232740.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Also, there is a size limit to the picture file.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

olcoon

Yep, AAdams guessed it correctly, it's for an antenna. Our Elk Ridge has the same thing on it. Don't know what happened to the first one. Finally found a replacement, put lock tight on it, & tightened it really good. Got home from an extended trip & when I got up on the roof after we got home it was gone also! Seems to work fine without it, so I haven't replaced it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In our case, the radio. The antenna is mounted on the sidewall of the slide where the entertainment center is located. Branches looove to grab the antenna, so I am sure that's way it was moved to the roof on later models.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1428430311.246147.jpg

JohnDar

Mine either fell off or was purloined at some point from the slide wall. Wasn't worth a hoot, anyways. I get better reception on the radio by using a splitter on the cable for the TV. Just have to turn off the TV amplifier when listening to it.