Newport

jimtoo

Hi Sddombach,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Can't help but wonder why the show coach Newport at the Goshen rally not only had two different toilets, but they were two different brands!
One Dometic, one Thetford.
The 3" wall gap made no sense as well.

T

TomMontague

Great questions - sorry there wasn't anyone there who could give you the reasons why.

We made switch to the Dometic 320 toilet because of its reputation as being one of the best residential RV toilets on the market. Unfortunately we have framing in the front deck that won't allow us to use the Dometic 320 toilet because of its size and drain location requirements. So the Newport front bath gets a Thetford and all other locations in all over floor plans get the Dometic 320.

As for the 3" gap you spoke about - I have no idea where it is or why you would mention it without more description. We take tremendous pride in the new LM365 and work hard every day to improve our product every day. Please let me know more about the issue so I can explain or address.

Thanks,
Tom

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi, folks, we are leaning toward the Newport..love the bathroom and office. Any thoughts from owners?

You must have seen one with the optional office, in place of the half bath that is standard. We like this plan as well!

porthole

Retired
Great questions - sorry there wasn't anyone there who could give you the reasons why.

We made switch to the Dometic 320 toilet because of its reputation as being one of the best residential RV toilets on the market. Unfortunately we have framing in the front deck that won't allow us to use the Dometic 320 toilet because of its size and drain location requirements. So the Newport front bath gets a Thetford and all other locations in all over floor plans get the Dometic 320.

As for the 3" gap you spoke about - I have no idea where it is or why you would mention it without more description. We take tremendous pride in the new LM365 and work hard every day to improve our product every day. Please let me know more about the issue so I can explain or address.

Thanks,
Tom

I saw multiple things that had me scratching my head and took pictures of a few, I might have "mixed up" my "remembrances". In looking at my phone pics it might have been the Charleston. So, my mistake. But, it still is a Landmark 365. I will put the picture on the Landmark general daughterboard.

T

TomMontague

The toilet question was a great question and I'm glad you asked it. I'm sure others might have the same question and I hope my answer clears up any confusion there might be out there. As for posting pics of things you think are problematic or things that left you scratching your head on a dealers stock piece at the rally that 400 people have walked through- I don't really understand. I would prefer you ask me directly in this thread so people get the full story. Pictures would be great to help me understand what's going on as well. I hope your intent is to help us improve and make our product and our processes better...

Thanks,
Tom

porthole

Retired
The toilet question was a great question and I'm glad you asked it. I'm sure others might have the same question and I hope my answer clears up any confusion there might be out there. As for posting pics of things you think are problematic or things that left you scratching your head on a dealers stock piece at the rally that 400 people have walked through- I don't really understand. I would prefer you ask me directly in this thread so people get the full story. Pictures would be great to help me understand what's going on as well. I hope your intent is to help us improve and make our product and our processes better...

Thanks,
Tom

My intent it to absolutely help make improvements.

And as soon as the barn doors get turned into pocket doors or something else, the Newport will be a short lister.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...e-you-go-H-mmm?p=429461&viewfull=1#post429461

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We have the Newport with the office instead of the 1/2 bath. Absolutely love the configuration. I know we had at least a dozen people stop by and ask to see our set-up because all they had at the rally were 1/2 bath rigs. Loved showing it off. As I told you at the factory Tom, the only thing I would really like to change is the off-door side compartment door. I'd really like to see it swing out like my Pinehurst and my San Antonio instead of swinging up.

BobnBet

Tom, can you tell us if a Dometic 320 will install in a Bighorn 3685RL? We need to know before buying one. Have a Thetford Aqua-Magic Style II Hi Rise now.
Thanks!