NICE Campgrounds from No. Arkansas up to Maine??

csmorris

We are headed up towards Maine end of July and looking for campgrounds along the way that are nice to stay in. We live in No. Arkansas and just headed in that general direction.

jimtoo

HI csmorris,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There are several places you can look for campgrounds on the internet. One is the Good Sam Directory. And there are others also. I'm sure some of the other members will jump in with more information soon.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Country.

Jim M

Westwind

Your going to have to give us your route. Once you do that you could use http://www.campgroundreview.com to help you check on different campgrounds. You also need to figure out how far your going to travel each day, that will help narrow your look for campgrounds.

csmorris

We don't have a specific route but will go thru IN, OH, PA, NY, VT, NH, then ME. Any input on scenic areas and campgrounds is much appreciated. Although we have been through these states we haven't spent much time.
THANK YOU

Bardeenm1

I think more details are needed. interests, people who are traveling with you and size of rv? Also how long you plan to stay in different locations or are these just ovenrights stops to get you to the end destination?

Kbvols

In Ohio, Dayton Tall Timbers KOA is real nice campground. I normally would not recommend a KOA but for overnight but this is a good park with great pool. Air Force museum in Dayton great place to visit for a day. The park is on 70 few miles west of Dayton. Nashville Indiania is a good location there are some RV parks in the area it is just west of 65 coming up from Louisville. Of course everything depends on what direction traveling from etc.. Oh and would go to Nigra Falls if going thru NY...have fun.

csmorris

Hi Bardeenm1:
Hey, we are retired and have no schedule. Our length of stay depends on the area. We love scenic areas-maybe with hiking trails and not so much on populated areas. We will be traveling alone and have 34' 5th wheel.
Thanks for your input.

Bardeenm1

Hi Bardeenm1:
Hey, we are retired and have no schedule. Our length of stay depends on the area. We love scenic areas-maybe with hiking trails and not so much on populated areas. We will be traveling alone and have 34' 5th wheel.
Thanks for your input.

Letchworth state park is a great place in western NY while it doesn't have full hook up sites you will have plenty of hiking trails and sites to see. Letchworth would also be convenient for many day trips including Niagra falls as another post emntioned. Lake George is another great area very Tourist oriented in the summer months. Watkins Glen KOA is an ok campground but is a great location to explore Watkins Glen and Corning area. Good luck