No black water flush

JDuckett

Hello.
New to the forum. I have a Bighorn 3670EL. Go to use the black water tank flush... Nothing. Line pressurizes but doesn't spray the tank. Dump valve open. Nothing. Am I missing something? I suspect maybe a stuck vacuum breaker but I can't find it for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

jimtoo

Hi JDuckett,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think on your unit you will find the vacuum breaker behind the shower on your unit. Just below the shower knobs is a round access panel that can be removed. If you look in there I think you will find the breaker.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper

Sorry...have to ask. You do have the hose connected to the Black Tank Flush connection, and not the normal city water fill connection....right?

mlpeloquin

Black water flush should be a direct connection to the sprayer in the tank. That is why it is a separate connection. I also use a back flow prevention valve in line with it and do not use your fresh water hose.

JDuckett

Yes I have it connected to the flush inlet. I looked behind the shower from the access port, even took pictures. Nothing. I can see where the line run up through from the bottom compartment but can't find the vacuum breaker.

guyc66

Several of us had this same problem and it turned out to be a severe kink in the line between the flush connection and the black water tank. It's worth looking into.....might be the cause of your problem too.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You more then likely have a kink in the soft hose from the vacuum breaker to the black tank. one place I found was right behind the basement wall. I will attach a pic in a bit. While the wall is down you can follow the hard line from the back of the docking station up to the vacuum breaker in the wall of the shower then it will come back down and then Elbow into the soft hose. somewhere in that hose is your kinked problem.

mlpeloquin

So there is a vacuum breaker between the flush valve and the black tank? There wasn't one on my old class C. It was a direct connection. This is why I wish there were plumbing and electrical schematics.