No flex shaft????

firstone

I did not get a 1/4 drive flex shaft with my North Trail 26LRSS. Could it be in the unit some place???

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
If you did not get one, call Heartland and they will send one out. That's what I had to do.

Jamie

donr827

Mine was in the manual packet also. The person who was doing the walk through with me had no idea what it was used for.
Don

pegmikef

I did not get a 1/4 drive flex shaft with my North Trail 26LRSS. Could it be in the unit some place???

What is the flex shart? Apparently I didn't get one either, but don't think I have needed one in over 15K miles. I did get cranks for the slide and the jacks though.

firstone

The flex shaft is needed if the slide motor fails. It and a drill is used to crank the slide back in.

What crank and jacks are you talking about?

I have a crank handle as well for the awning but mine is elec. so I woun't need that.

I had nothing in the blue bag but papers and not sure I got all I should.

pegmikef

The flex shaft is needed if the slide motor fails. It and a drill is used to crank the slide back in.

What crank and jacks are you talking about?

I have a crank handle as well for the awning but mine is elec. so I woun't need that.

I had nothing in the blue bag but papers and not sure I got all I should.

One crank is a long handled one an is for the slide in case of a failure and the second one is for my electric jacks should they fail. There is a hole in the trim near the kitchen steps for the slide crank. If the flex shaft is just the bit that accommodates a socket for the slide or jacks, then I just bought a set of those at Harbor Freight.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Either call your dealer and tell them to get the stuff you are missing...or call HL with your VIN# and ask if they will send you the things you are missing.