No Foot on main hitch Jack ??

rangetime

I just picked up our new 2014 Prowler 28P RLS travel trailer today,.. when we got it hitched up I noticed on the bottom of the main hitch crank jack, there was no foot. I asked the dealer about it and he tells me they don't come with one ??? what ? no Prowler does not come with one , he says .

What is that all about ? If I am parking on sand, grass or asphalt , I think you need the foot part on the jack,....

Anyway, he offered to order me one ,.... Well, since I traded my old trailer in, I took one from it !

Did anyone else have this happen ?

just wondering !

pegmikef

Neither Heartland TT (Edge, North Trail) I bought came with one, but I replaced it with the Barker VIP electric tongue jack anyway. I just used a couple of pieces of two by six under the crank jack until I replaced it.

rangetime

Wow, that really surprised me , for the cost of a stamped piece of metal ??? Anyway, I stole the one off my old trailer Thanks for the input ! Thought dealer was pulling a fast one on me .

Mark

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Neither the Jayco pop up or the Forest River TT we had came with a foot pad. Had to buy my own.

priorguy

3 of mine had nothing. I fabbed my own out of plate steel and pipe at work. My Coleman tent trailer had a swing tongue jack with swivel wheel. That was the cats meow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rangetime

Not only that is bad for the ground you place your trailer on ! I just does NOT looked finished with out one especially when it is drilled for one !....
funny the dealer can order one though ? Oh Well ,... wasn't happy with learning that after picking Heartland because I thought they went the extra mile,... I know sounds trival but Ya ! Heartland it is ! Put it on !

rangetime

just got my trailer today and My Heartland Member Id Poster for the back of my RV on same day . I ordered id tag so I could put on ladder ? ordered ladder to be installed by dealer ? Dealer tells me Can't be installed trailer was not built with proper structure for a rear ladder,... now since I order ID sign with ladder mount don't really know how to mount it ,... waiting for weeks for this rig and now spoiled it all in just one day ,.. and it is still -2 this morning ! in K-town come on spring!

pegmikef

just got my trailer today and My Heartland Member Id Poster for the back of my RV on same day . I ordered id tag so I could put on ladder ? ordered ladder to be installed by dealer ? Dealer tells me Can't be installed trailer was not built with proper structure for a rear ladder,... now since I order ID sign with ladder mount don't really know how to mount it ,... waiting for weeks for this rig and now spoiled it all in just one day ,.. and it is still -2 this morning ! in K-town come on spring!

There is also a flat mount for the club plaques. Contact the club folks.