No generator power

Tree14

Good evening my husband and I have a 2016 Cyclone 4200 with a 5500 Onan generator. The generator runs however it does not supply power to our RV. The breakers are not tripped and we are getting a unusual sound on the left side of our fireplace. The generator has less than 7 hours on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are going full time November first.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Todster

Just some basics. Make sure to test this with city power removed first. Then fire up. Transfer switch on our rig takes approx 15 seconds before it will power up.

I would take a look at the breakers just under the cover of the generator. May have been tripped prior to you taking ownership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Todster

Next stop will be the transfer switch. It is behind the power cord entry in a metal can. With a rig this new I would personally have the dealer do the troubleshooting as it’s covered by them and heartland.

Sounds like now the transfer switch is not operating properly.

Random question, did it work when doing the pdi before leaving the dealership? And then it stopped working at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tree14

We do not have a reliable place here to ask these questions we bought our rig In Rockford Illinois 6 hours away

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danemayer

I would have expected the transfer switch to be in a pretty direct line between generator and the main circuit breaker panel inside the coach. It's usually behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage.

Tree14

My husband was thinking it might be underneath this apparatus in the back room next to the toilet. You know there are a lot of people that are knowledgeable. When you call Heartland they give you the run around at least they have in our experience. We got the best price from Collier RV dealership in Rockford Illinois which is unfortunately a long way away. The only resource here is Camping World and they are a joke they have destroyed more things than what it's worth. I had to consult them for almost 4 hours on a phone to tell them how to install our washer and dryer. Hartland needs to have a video library of where critical things are located in their RVs. Sad.
Thank God for blogs like this
c3004a735d7a0369908150c8eacb2d58.jpg

danemayer

My husband was thinking it might be underneath this apparatus in the back room next to the toilet. You know there are a lot of people that are knowledgeable. When you call Heartland they give you the run around at least they have in our experience. We got the best price from Collier RV dealership in Rockford Illinois which is unfortunately a long way away. The only resource here is Camping World and they are a joke they have destroyed more things than what it's worth. I had to consult them for almost 4 hours on a phone to tell them how to install our washer and dryer. Hartland needs to have a video library of where critical things are located in their RVs. Sad.
Thank God for blogs like this
c3004a735d7a0369908150c8eacb2d58.jpg

If you think it's there, open it up and see what's there.