No Heat In Bedroom and Bathroom

Miller0758

By the way, changing to adjustable registers in hopes of balancing the system did nothing to increase the airflow and only made more noise as the flow was restricted.

PickNorm

John, your comments are welcome and appreciated.I know the frustration you feel..

I bet things were different when you were growing up too..men took pride in their work and their products..Doesn't seem to be that way anymore..The least the company could do is admit to and recognize the problem and try to come up with a simple solution..I don't mind putting in the work and time if we could get results..

Leep:

Miller0758

So true ... I'm an electrician by trade and there was always ( and probably still exists) a saying that it doesn't matter what things look like, "Sheetrock covers everything". Never made sense to me ... Do things right and take pride. Make people sign their name to their work. If things aren't right ... Make them right. I have pleaded my case to the technical support folks but they're following the rules and can't help. Before I'm done, Mr. Hermon will hear my thoughts. I'm not going to be an *** but he needs to hear that working with his buyers will go much further than not.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Adding the adjustable registers DOES allow redirecting the airflow. With the bedroom and bath registers on the shortest ducts, those rooms were very warm while the rear of the coach remained cold. We've corrected that problem. And there isn't any appreciable noise from them.

Miller0758

With all due respect John, if the flex duct run is not installed correctly or there are restrictions, it doesn't matter what you do on the other registers or runs, the air isn't getting through. Sorry, that was my point.

Miller0758

I guess my real point is companies need to take responsibility for their product. In my case, I don't see this as a warranty issue ... Nothing broke. Things were not installed as prescribed and because the inferior workmanship or misrepresentation wasn't caught in time, the buyer gets the shaft and stuck with the bill to make things right.

JohnDar

With all due respect John, if the flex duct run is not installed correctly or there are restrictions, it doesn't matter what you do on the other registers or runs, the air isn't getting through. Sorry, that was my point.

No apologies needed. And you're correct, if the ducts are folded and crimped, there isn't anything going to help other than fixing them. Proper installation at the factory would go a long way. Even if it takes adding another day to the build cycle to get things done right. Once these rigs go out the factory door, correcting things takes on a whole new dimension.

Miller0758

A whole new dimension and extreme hardship while crawling around on your back in the dirt under your rig. The materials add up to less than $100 ... I plan to camp in February in SC this year as I explore a possible relocation .. how much faith do you think I have at this point that the rig was really built to withstand 0 degree temperatures (another claim in the same sales brochure)... I'm scared to death.

No apologies needed. And you're correct, if the ducts are folded and crimped, there isn't anything going to help other than fixing them. Proper installation at the factory would go a long way. Even if it takes adding another day to the build cycle to get things done right. Once these rigs go out the factory door, correcting things takes on a whole new dimension.

JohnDar

A whole new dimension and extreme hardship while crawling around on your back in the dirt under your rig. The materials add up to less than $100 ... I plan to camp in February in SC this year as I explore a possible relocation .. how much faith do you think I have at this point that the rig was really built to withstand 0 degree temperatures (another claim in the same sales brochure)... I'm scared to death.

Repairs notwithstanding, there are a number of folks on these forums that do use their rigs (non-Yeti, too) in temps like that. Perhaps if you put up a post requesting specific information on how they handle it you might get the info you need. But in South Carolina (where we're ending a two week vacation on the shore), I don't think they get that kind of temperature for long, if at all.

Cjackg

We are currently traveling in the NC mtns in our first cold weather trip in the 3110 and having similar heating system issues. Almost no hot air flowing from the bedroom and living room ducts, but hot air blasting out of the round bathroom duct. I closed off the bathroom duct with foil as a test but air flow to the other ducts did not improve. Looks like I'll be opening up mine soon to try and diagnose what is needed to even things out.
Sure would like to hear from someone that has experience getting behind the 3110 LR closet & bath cabinets...

Hope to get some tips on dealing with this at the Waxhaw NC event...

danemayer

Comfort tested to 0 says nothing about water systems. Take a look at our user guides for winter usage tips.

You'll need tank heating pads for 0 (F).

Last edited:

Miller0758

I've been reading quite a bit and thanks for the info. This forum is beyond words. The information and the people are great. Lets face it, it's the reason many of us stand behind the brand. I'll be upstate near Greenville but in talking with folks at the campground, February isn't typically that bad and usually there's enough notice to allow disconnect of your water feed at night etc. Thanks John for all your help in this thread an in all the others where you have participated ... you provide valuable information and great insight.

Miller0758

If you could share whatever information you obtain, I know I and others would really appreciate it. As for me ... I sacrificed a few rally tee shirts and stuffed them into the duct to reduce the over heating in the bedroom and bath but as I already stated, that didn't do a thing to increase airflow to the back of the rig. And now I'm out two good shirts. Safe travels

Miller0758

If it gets that cold, I'll winterize and head to a motel 6 where the lights are always on so you can see the bugs

Comfort tested to 0 says nothing about water systems. Take a look at our used guides for winter usage tips.

You'll need tank heating pads for 0 (F).

lwmcguir

If you could share whatever information you obtain, I know I and others would really appreciate it. As for me ... I sacrificed a few rally tee shirts and stuffed them into the duct to reduce the over heating in the bedroom and bath but as I already stated, that didn't do a thing to increase airflow to the back of the rig. And now I'm out two good shirts. Safe travels
I was afraid shirts would burn up so went with a register that closes. Same result no increase in air flow where it was needed.

PickNorm

I took the cover off today and it did access the furnace..Every run I could see was hooked up..I felt and looked all over and could find no others than the ones I could see.One run was a little loose but was still on the furnace..I am more at a loss now than before, because now I have absolutely no idea why I have no heat in the bathroom or bedroom...You can barely feel any movement in the bathroom and none at all in the bedroom..

Miller0758

I took the cover off today and it did access the furnace..Every run I could see was hooked up..I felt and looked all over and could find no others than the ones I could see.One run was a little loose but was still on the furnace..I am more at a loss now than before, because now I have absolutely no idea why I have no heat in the bathroom or bedroom...You can barely feel any movement in the bathroom and none at all in the bedroom..

How many runs to you see coming out of the furnace and how many floor outlets do you have? If it's not 1:1, Chances are, you have a "T" fitting somewhere under the coach and that is cutting any potential airflow down to no airflow ... Too many restrictions. Only one way to really know ... Pull down some coroplast ... Not fun. Taking down is easy ... Putting back, not so much.