No hot water in kitchen or garage. 2016 Cyclone 4100

dilley

We have hot water (scalding hot) in the master bathroom but no hot water in the Kitchen or half bath. It got cold last night (about 15 degrees F). We left water running and we have a heated hose. When I turn on the hot water for the kitchen or half bath, nothing comes out but we do have cold water in kitchen and half bath. When I turn on hot water in the master bathroom, it is scalding hot (steam coming off water). I checked under the sinks and under the camper, no leaks. Where do I go from here?

danemayer

If it's due to warm up above freezing, it'll probably resolve itself tomorrow. For tonight, run the furnace to heat the underbelly and open the cabinet doors where the pex lines come into the living space.

dilley

Is there any reason that the kitchen sink and half bath sink have no hot water but the master bathroom is fine? I guess thats what is worrying me. I was thinking the same thing since it is suppose to get up to 40 tomorrow and 56 on Sunday and then back into the 70. I ran all the hot water out of the tank and now have the electric and LP on for the water heater (I'm thinking extra heat from the LP might help). I'm just not understanding why there is no hot water in the back half of the camper. Yes, I am worried about a busted line, in case you couldn't tell.

If it's due to warm up above freezing, it'll probably resolve itself tomorrow. For tonight, run the furnace to heat the underbelly and open the cabinet doors where the pex lines come into the living space.

danemayer

The pex lines run through the underbelly and when it gets below freezing, the freezing outside air leaks into the underbelly unless you've sealed all openings. The furnace, if you're running it a normal amount, pushes some hot air into the underbelly, but only so much. It sounds like it got cold enough that some lines froze and others didn't.

The good news is that pex lines will survive a freeze.

Make sure you're getting most of your heat from the furnace rather than electric heat. And you should probably run a drop light in the UDC and a reflector lamp over the water pump to protect those areas. For more information, take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide.

dilley

Thanks for the help! That guide is awesome! My ice maker water line already busted and I have that fixed. This may be a stupid question, but what is UDC???

The pex lines run through the underbelly and when it gets below freezing, the freezing outside air leaks into the underbelly unless you've sealed all openings. The furnace, if you're running it a normal amount, pushes some hot air into the underbelly, but only so much. It sounds like it got cold enough that some lines froze and others didn't.

The good news is that pex lines will survive a freeze.

Make sure you're getting most of your heat from the furnace rather than electric heat. And you should probably run a drop light in the UDC and a reflector lamp over the water pump to protect those areas. For more information, take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide.

danemayer

Thanks for the help! That guide is awesome! My ice maker water line already busted and I have that fixed. This may be a stupid question, but what is UDC???
Universal Docking Center, where the water, cable, satellite connections come into the trailer.