No more "Prospective" posts... Finally ordered a 3160EL

kdubinwa

Yep. Only took me three years of waiting and researching to pull the trigger. We are finally empty nesters and now have more time to travel and see the country.

I owe many, many people on this forum a heartfelt THANK YOU! for helping educate me along the way. My questions won't end, but I should be able to give back a bit more.

Here's the skinny on the rig:

2016 Bighorn 3160EL to be built the week on January 11th. Ordered from Pete's RV.

Nearly all factory options except Full Paint and Gen Prep (going with twin Honda portables and choose to preserve storage up front)

My after-delivery mods list are substantial:

• Install Progressive EMS
  • Maximize Pantry shelving in Washer/Dryer closet
  • Convert drum brakes to Titan Disk Brakes
  • Add Cheap Heat
  • Add Wireless Backup Camera
  • Add TST TPMS with Repeater

I've bookmarked another 20 or so great mod ideas to fit in along the way.

I should be busy for a while, but we will be ready to enjoy springtime.

Cheers,
Kurt

DougS

Doug S
Congrats Kurt, our 3160 should have been born yesterday and off to the paint shop next. We also have a list of mods, stackable washer dryer being first now sitting in our garage.

Oregon_Camper

We love our 3160EL....

Now the painful WAIT while it's being built. We waited around 8 weeks for ours, as the full body paint added around 8 days.

From what I've read/researched, the "Cheap Heat" really isn't cheap in the end. Like to hear your thoughts on this mod and why you've decide to do it.

kdubinwa

We love our 3160EL....

Now the painful WAIT while it's being built. We waited around 8 weeks for ours, as the full body paint added around 8 days.

From what I've read/researched, the "Cheap Heat" really isn't cheap in the end. Like to hear your thoughts on this mod and why you've decide to do it.

I always ordered heat pumps vs just AC. Now I would prefer heat from the floor that also gets delivered to the basement. More even heating and freeze protection. I'll get it installed for around $1000 and that was cheaper than springing for the heat pumps. What's another grand!?:)

Oregon_Camper

....What's another grand!?:)

Then time to get some solar installed on that bad boy!!

Here is our setup....powering 2 Trojan T-1275 batteries. LOVE this setup
11036892_10153613238883081_1358818458787782885_o.jpg+

Link with more info...
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...Panels-on-Roof?p=440559&highlight=#post440559

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats and welcome to the Heartland Family. Bring that new rig out to a Rally this spring. Trace

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations Kurt and welcome to the Heartland Family!! We look forward to seeing your new Bighorn and meeting you guys at some rallies this next year. We have several events coming up. We have the Red Wine and Chocolate Festival campout in Tri Cities on Valentines Day Weekend, and then the back to back Washington Rally and Oregon Rally the last two weekends in July. Check out the links I have attached and attend one, two or all three. In addition to that, if you are in to traveling a ways, the last traveling National Rally is in Las Vegas at the Oasis in October, followed by the Northern California Jackson Rally the next weekend. Hope to see you at one of the rallies that are coming up in our Region. And those are just the ones planned already. There will be another Chapter Rally in Northern Nevada and Southern California that is not yet on the books sometime next year. If you have any questions please fell free to reach out and ask.

Rod

kdubinwa

Congratulations Kurt and welcome to the Heartland Family!! We look forward to seeing your new Bighorn and meeting you guys at some rallies this next year. We have several events coming up. We have the Red Wine and Chocolate Festival campout in Tri Cities on Valentines Day Weekend, and then the back to back Washington Rally and Oregon Rally the last two weekends in July. Check out the links I have attached and attend one, two or all three. In addition to that, if you are in to traveling a ways, the last traveling National Rally is in Las Vegas at the Oasis in October, followed by the Northern California Jackson Rally the next weekend. Hope to see you at one of the rallies that are coming up in our Region. And those are just the ones planned already. There will be another Chapter Rally in Northern Nevada and Southern California that is not yet on the books sometime next year. If you have any questions please fell free to reach out and ask.

Rod

Thanks Rod for the invites. We will need to expand the calendar to fit all these good times in.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome! Rod already gave you the list, but I want to add my congratulations too. We hope to meet you on the road.

Kristy

kdubinwa

Curious... Anybody know what type of tv (OTA) antenna they are putting on Bighorns now? I never paid attention.

kdubinwa

Do the 2016 Bighorn's still include the LCI remote control? Did not find any mention of this so not sure.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Congrats and welcome to the Heartland family!

Make sure you join the Heartland Owner's Club (HOC) . . . you'll never meet a finer bunch of folks and will make many new friends)!

The HOC Rallies are a blast . . . and you will NEVER have more fun!

Again . . . we now make half of our summer campouts HOC Rallies!

Oregon_Camper

Do the 2016 Bighorn's still include the LCI remote control? Did not find any mention of this so not sure.
Can't imagine why they would remove that feature... Unless they are going with a larger tablet like device. I love the remote...being able to stand outside and watch the slides and awning coming out is great. Don't really use the jack controls as I just hit auto level and let it do all the work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk