No Power to Extend/Retract Landing Gear

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I currently have this problem. I have checked battery(good), fuse(good), wires are solidly connected, any other ideas?

cannonball, as cookie said, we need a little more info to help you out. What trailer do you have?
I see you asked your question about 5 days ago. Sorry, but for some reason, it didn't show up until today. We're happy to help if we can!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I was surprised to see this thread I started almost 4 years ago resurrected! Brings back some old memories.

mill1439

Guys i appreciate yalls experience, you just save me a large bill with a shop. And it was the fuse!

Alan Miller
09 Cyclone 3210

GSGRAPE

Re: blown fuse on landing gear

We just bought a 2012 SD 300CK, the second time we hooked up the landing legs wouldn't retract. I couldn't figure out what happened at first, later found a fuse by the battery box for the landing legs that had blown. This is my 5th 5th wheel and have never had problems with landing legs. If you run them up against the stop the fuse goes like a flash bulb fillement, seems like somewhere there is a poor design.

jimtoo

Re: blown fuse on landing gear

Hi GSGRAPE,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like the fuse did it's job. It's much cheaper and easier to replace a fuse when it blows because of over extension or any thing that causes motor overload. If your dealer did not show you where all the fuses and circuit breakers are located during your PDI, then you should to take a little time and just look at the wiring for fuse and breaker locations.

Jim M