No water flowing out any Hot water faucet

gslabbert5119

Morning folks, we have been living fulltime in your Rig for for the past 4 months, and we have had zero water issues until now.

We woke up this morning to no hot water. Not cold water coming out of the faucets, but no water flowing out the hot water side of my rig (well just a trickle.
We went to bed last night and the wife had a hot shower, and there was no issues. I got up this morning, and no water flow at all. (Cold water side flows perfectly).

Rig: Bighorn 2013 3685RL
Power: We are on shore power and my EMS shows 120v down both legs
Checked the fuses, they are all good
Checked if there was water in the hot water tank and there was.
Checked that hot water came out of the hot water tank overflow.
It is not the Andersen bypass system as I removed that 2 years ago when I had a leak and have not had an opportunity to replace it as of yet.

Is there a pump that pumps the hot water while on shore power (I know that we have a water pump for when we are on battery power)

This problem has me stumped.
Ideas and suggestions are most welcome

Added photos of the water flow on both the hot side and the cold side
Gavin

Attachments

• hot.jpg
    hot.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 22
  • cold.jpg
    cold.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

GK2018

I'm curious to see what the issue and resolution is. The only thing I can think of is that you have a blockage in a hot water line or a blockage coming from your hot water tank.

I would disconnect the water, shut off and drain the water heater and try to flush and clean it out and see if that fixes it.

I would also disconnect the water and get an air compressor and one of those blowout plugs that thread onto the city water port that you hook the air compressor to and then open all of your faucets, disconnect your water filters and turn on the air compressor and attempt to blow out or dislodge whatever might be causing the blockage.

Hopefully either of those ideas help and I'll be curious to see what others suggest!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your water heater has a check valve, it could be seized in the closed position.

Peace
Dave

GK2018

To answer one of your questions, when hooked up to the city water connection you won't use/have a pump to pump the water through the RV since it relies on the water pressure coming directly from the water hose to "force" it through the RV. The water pump you have is used when not hooked up to a city water connection.

You could have calcium buildup in your hot water tank or other mineral deposits which could've clogged the hot water tank or hot water lines lines.

I just can't help but think since you have full flowing cold water that the problem is isolated to the hot water lines and or hot water tank itself but I definitely don't claim to be a professional haha.

gslabbert5119

If your water heater has a check valve, it could be seized in the closed position.

Peace
Dave
Dave you hit it out of the park.
I went and checked that prior to seeing your message, and the check valve had come apart. I removed the pieces and will have to live without one, at least until I can get it replaced.
Question: Do I need to replace it.

For those that do not know where the check valve is located, it is in the little 2" pipe that attaches directly to the hot water side of the water tank.
See pics

Attachments

• checkvalve_1.jpg
    checkvalve_1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 26
  • checkvalve_pieces_1.jpg
    checkvalve_pieces_1.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

GK2018

Good deal, I'm glad you got it figured out! I'll have to make a mental note of the check valve going out if we ever have the same issue.

thewanderingeight

Not sure if you have looked up a replacement yet, but Camco makes a brass replacement for these. I found it at camping world when the check valve in my water pump failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gslabbert5119

Thanks Danemayer. In the last 6 years that I have had the rig, there has been no reason for winterization. Florida is too hot. But, frankly I think that I should put one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk