Noisy vibration sound in Suburban furnace

Hello all,

We have a 2016 Heartland Big Horn we took delivery on in November '15 and have it in a RV park now and for quite some time into the future. The furnace has been a problem since day 1 but that's another story. It has been working well since mid-January BUT in the last couple of weeks it has started having a vibration noise. When the furnace comes on it is very quiet but soon a faint vibration noise starts and gets louder and louder. When the furnace reaches the point where it shuts off the noise is so loud it's hard to talk inside.

This should be a simple thing to resolve but before I start looking into it I just wanted to check if there are any tips or advice on it. I would call the dealer on this except he wants a $100 to make a site visit 9 miles away. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

danemayer

Hi Tom,

The furnace blower is the most likely candidate. If you remove the outside cover, there's a black housing that can be opened pretty easily to look at the blower. Could be something touching the blower's squirrel cage.

Before opening anything, I'd pull the fuse on the furnace circuit and verify that it can't start while you're working on it.

Thanks folks. Had a repair guy here to look at fixing the power recliner and the fake fireplace. I mentioned the furnace to him so he took off the cover and didn't like what he saw. The furnace had been repaired by the dealer 6 weeks ago and apparently it wasn't reinstalled correctly. I'm back to the dealer this morning on this.

Thanks,
Tom