Norcold 1210 Dead after 1.5 yrs

Engine5

Re: Norcold 1210 Dead after 1.5 yrs UPDATE

If the foam insulation dried out then it would start working again as the heat absorption would be going the properly conducted route. If you get a chance( and I am in no way affiliated with them) go to Fords RV refrigeration's web site and watch there videos it's one of the later ones where they talk about a unit and they talk a little about water saturation causing the problem.

Last edited:

Engine5

Update on 1210. So I have dried the foam insulation out for about a week by removing the cooling unit and see no signs of moisture now. I cleaned all the old thermal mastic off and applied new (I was going to use two tubes until the place I was purchasing it from asked why I needed two and my reply was more must be better) I only needed one. Have everything back together and running for six days now with no issues with the temps running near 100 degrees F. Freezer is running 5*F during day and drops to below 0 at night, Fridge is running 35-38* day and drops to 30 or below at night. I am by no means an expert in this field just trying to save myself money and would recommend you go online and download the service manual which tells you how to use the digital control panel for doing some diagnostics. I hope this was helpful.