North Trail 24bhs TV Backing Plate material?

mbrawski

We recently bought a 2018 North Trail and I want to mount a tv in the entertainment center. I have hung plenty of tv mounts in houses and I know where the backing plate is. My question is, what material is it? Is it a decent plywood or a cheap particle board? Given the amount of stuff that shook loose on our maiden voyage I'm not optimistic.

redevil

I used 3/4" screws I think #10 or #12. TV is a 32" LED so its really lightweight. Hasn't loosened off yet and seems to be doing the trick.
Can't tell what type of backing is in there.

mbrawski

I used 3/4" screws I think #10 or #12. TV is a 32" LED so its really lightweight. Hasn't loosened off yet and seems to be doing the trick.
Can't tell what type of backing is in there.

Im mounting a 39" led. 3/4 helps, I didn't, want to go through the back. I will probably take the tv off and lay it on the bed for travel if I can't confirm plywood.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
No matter where the sticker says the mounting plate is, try to find it by holding your two thumbs together and pressing on the wall in a three foot diameter from where the sticker shows the backing plate is.

In our previous Heartland Trail Runner TT, the bedroom backing plate was about 14 inches from where the sticker said it was.

Notice the mounting of this TV:

TVBackerTrailRunner-IMG_0024.jpg

mbrawski

No sticker on mine, it's in the entertainment center in the middle so locating it is easy.

I pulled the corner of the black felt cover out enough to look and check the material. It's a length of solid pine board. I picked up some screws and I'll pre-drill and should be good to go.