North Trail heater fan won't turn off

Hi all
What I have is an issue with my NT 26RLSS. When it is powered up (battery or A/C) the heater fan turns on. No heat comes out and the a/c runs as it should but the only way to turn off the Furnace fan is to pull the fuse. I know that the thermostat is of the lowest quality but this did not happen in the past. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how do I fix it? In the past when this happened I just cut all power to the rv and it "fixed" itself. I also pulled the fuse in the past and it self corrected. It seemed in the past like it was looking for propane. Now it doesnt seem that there is anyway to turn off the furnace fan without pulling the fuse. The a/c works fine with the thermostat.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your NT has a digital thermostat I suggest scrolling through the menu till you get to the fan setting. Then set the fan to auto.

Peace
Dave

It has an analog thermostat and whether it is set to auto or OFF the heater fan won't turn off. The only other way I got it to stop(other than pulling the fuse) is to take the outside panel off near the exhaust and turn the fan motor from reset to the off switch position. It acts as if it thinks it still needs to cool the system down after running. That is the normal process when running the heat/furnace when it reaches the set tempurature. I am of the opinion that it is trying to cool then system down before shutting down completly.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Try switching it to fan, I wonder if the thermostat was miswired and the auto/fan wires were swapped.