North Trail - Replacing analog for digital a/c thermostat

jw56947

I have a 2013 24RBS TT with a Coleman Mach analog thermostat for my A/C. I would like to change that out to a Digital T-Stat. I was looking at a Coleman Mach Digital Heat/Cool 2 speed fan model (u) 8330-3362 12 VDC. Can you tell me if this will work? The current T-Stat is a RVP 7330G335 P/N AT7862. My A/C is a model 48254B866.
Thanks in advance for your help.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Re: ATF: North Trail - Replacing analog for digital a/c thermostat

Hey jw56947 you might get a quicker response by calling Heartland customer service and have your vin # ready.

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

jw56947

Thanks Big Jim. I am getting ready for a trip and wanted to purchase online today and get it delivered soon. I will call Heartland tomorrow.

dbbls59

Many people use the Hunter thermostat purchased from Wal Mart. About $20.00. There is no two speed fan switch but one can be added. I never added one on my SOB because I always run my fan on high anyway.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Many people use the Hunter thermostat purchased from Wal Mart. About $20.00. There is no two speed fan switch but one can be added. I never added one on my SOB because I always run my fan on high anyway.

Ditto. The digital controls the temp much more accurately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Manzan

Hunter here also. Works real well with much smaller temperature swing. The directions that came with it are a bit sketchy but there is a thread with excellent directions. Did not bother with adding the extra switch but just might down the road.

fdajnowicz

Just added the fan hi/lo switch. Went to Radio Shack got a "Single Pole Double Throw switch. Drilled a 3/8" hole in the wall below and to the left of the Lux Digital thermostat. Works great, just be careful drilling hole, thin gap between walls and wires may be in the way.

Frank

fdajnowicz

When I upgraded my thermostat a few years back, I went with a HOneywell thermostat - because it was small and would fit in the space on the wall, whereas all the other popular ones people use was too wide. I got it from Home Depot.

Looks like it's been discontinued: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell-Basic-Programmable-Thermostat-DISCONTINUED-RTH221B/100633100

That was why I went with the LUX. Besides, Honeywell does NOT support the use in RV's, where the LUX will allow their tech support any and all questions. The LUX is smaller than the Honeywell.

Frank