Observations from an RV"ER at a parking lot sale.

kowAlski631

I despise the invisible factor & we won't buy from them either. But what bugs me more is if I ask a question & the answer is directed to Paul. He will point blank say that he didn't need the answer I did & that it would take both he & I in agreement for the deal to happen. Then (depending on how things progress) we will either conclude our encounter or continue conversation.

Martha

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
How many salespeople actually use/own a similar product? When I was getting ready to buy last year, when looking, It was fairly easy to tell which sales people actually knew anything about using an RV. Yes they may know some things but the RV Owners usually were quick to point out features or items that they liked about a particular model even if they were not real familiar with any particular brand or unit.

Sumo

I too am anode at pushy, under trained, arm twisting, poor mannered, and the list goes on, people in sales. But, they are easy to spot and even easier to avoid.

I have walked away from more than one person in sales, many while they where still talking.

Westwind

I love giving buying from local businesses. When we were looking for our new Bighorn or Big Country I tried dealing with three local dealerships, the Jayco dealer was 2 hours away, the Bighorn 1 1/2 hours and the Big Country 1 hour. Jayco dealer sales staff was spread so thin that he didn't have time to talk to us, BigHorn dealer spent lots of time showing us BigHorns they had in stock answering our questions. Unfortunately the sales lady never answered my emails or phone calls after we left. The Big Country dealer would only deal with me if I put money down "What was that about". Fortunately I found a dealer in Maine 4 hours a way who was willing the talk and sell a trailer over the phone, he didn't make me feel like he was doing me a favor, answered all my emails and phone calls with in the hour. We were able to work out a fair deal and I bought the trailer sight unseen and two years later I'm still a happen customer and would highly recommend the dealer to anyone.