Off to Lake-in-Wood

Miller0758

Headed out for a week long stay at Lake-in-Wood in Lancaster County PA. Nothing like the smell of fresh cow manure in the morning ;). Looking forward to good food and relaxation.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Looks like a nice campground..
576 Yellow Hill Road, Narvon, PA 17555 just bearly in Lancaster county PA.

This is not knocking the park, each to their own, but why do people stay at RV parks that charge so much. I tried to make a reservation at the Nashville KOA and the discount price is $61. The patio sites ran over $70 a night. The Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville TX is probably one of the nicest RV parks I have been in and it is cheaper than those with gravel roads, gravel sites charging $70 a night.

I just can't see paying $70 a night when all you are going to use is water, electric and sewer. Yes you can get a few amenities but that doesn't make up for the high expense.

Again I am not knocking you or the campground, you have the right to stay where ever you wish and it may be a very nice campground. I just don't understand why people pay that much for an RV site.

BC

Westwind

Unfortunately the east coast campgrounds suffer from the same ills that the east coast homeowners suffer from. High property taxes, insurance, electricity, and if they have town or city water (high cost), oh ya and in the northeast a short season due to winter weather. I have heart palpatations when the cost approches $50 and will look hard for another campgorund. I've noticed a new trend where two people are included in the nightly fee and if you have extra's like children there is a night charge for each of them. Alot like the airlines.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Welcome to the northeast! My pet peve is paying the high rates for premium dirt! The northeast campgrounds have not kept up with the demands of today's RVer but unless we make very expensive lawn ornaments out of our investments we pay what they are asking. It comes down to go or stay home.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Miller0758

I too have a problem with Family campgrounds that charge extra for children. As for the cost of campgrounds in the Northeast ... it's sad to say that anything worth going to these days is in excess of $50 per night (plus children)

Miller0758

Looks like a nice campground..
576 Yellow Hill Road, Narvon, PA 17555 just bearly in Lancaster county PA.

This is not knocking the park, each to their own, but why do people stay at RV parks that charge so much. I tried to make a reservation at the Nashville KOA and the discount price is $61. The patio sites ran over $70 a night. The Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville TX is probably one of the nicest RV parks I have been in and it is cheaper than those with gravel roads, gravel sites charging $70 a night.

I just can't see paying $70 a night when all you are going to use is water, electric and sewer. Yes you can get a few amenities but that doesn't make up for the high expense.

Again I am not knocking you or the campground, you have the right to stay where ever you wish and it may be a very nice campground. I just don't understand why people pay that much for an RV site.

BC

Bob, I really wish we had better options, I really do but when you're spending a week and have two children you need the extra's and the extra's seem to cost $$$ in site fee's.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bob, I really wish we had better options, I really do but when you're spending a week and have two children you need the extra's and the extra's seem to cost $$$ in site fee's.

Yep... I do understand that. We are retired and children grown. I have been camping for a number of years and having the playlands and such are great, but there is a lot out and about that can keep the little ones busy. Back when I was little (you heard this before... LOL ) we would go hiking, swimming (lakes were great), fishing and many other things. There are intresting museums and battlegrounds to go through. I was a Boy Scout for many years and we never had jungle jims to play on.

I really like the COE parks, state parks and some that are in the woods (as long as I can get a satellite signal for DW). I don't hike much but I do like to travel around and take pictures of people, places and things, but I don't have kido's so I do understand.

BC

Miller0758

Yep... I do understand that. We are retired and children grown. I have been camping for a number of years and having the playlands and such are great, but there is a lot out and about that can keep the little ones busy. Back when I was little (you heard this before... LOL ) we would go hiking, swimming (lakes were great), fishing and many other things. There are intresting museums and battlegrounds to go through. I was a Boy Scout for many years and we never had jungle jims to play on.

I really like the COE parks, state parks and some that are in the woods (as long as I can get a satellite signal for DW). I don't hike much but I do like to travel around and take pictures of people, places and things, but I don't have kido's so I do understand.

BC

Bob, trust me ... I'm with you. Get away from the video games and all that jazz and get out and enjoy the things in the area. We try and always find something of historical value wherever we go ... if not for the kids, for me ... ha. Yes, I've heard the "back when I was little" speech and find myself using it all the time. We do our scout camping once a month but I have to admit, I enjoy campering more than camping. Roughing it for me these days means having to raise the antenna when cable isn't available. So, today we'll head out and do some Geocaching and get some exercise for both us, and the dogs.

Kev

Nice campground

I've taken my family to Lake In Wood before also . They have a nice pool area that my kids had a ball in.