OLD THREAD ARCHIVE - Oregon Rally Dates Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
This is going to be great fun!
Larry, tell Debbi we'll have a party for her. Ray's birthday is the 18th. We can have one then too! Mine will have already happened on the 1st. A bunch of Gemini's... WhoooHooo!
I'm hoping Ray will take the plunge and retire on his birthday, then we could have a longer trip, but not holding my breath.
I think Ray would also play golf, I would like to as well, but I really suck after not playing for a couple years after I hurt my back. Let's just say I have an "adaptive" golf swing now. LOL
If some of you want to make the trip in a couple legs, let me know what days and I can find some spaces up here for overnight. About 4 hours to Canyonville from here if you drive at a normal pace.

dbarnard

Dave, Glad to here you and Troy are bringing your stix. I agree that John will play also. He told me he won a free round there at their SOB rally at Seven Feathers. So if Deb & Ray bring their stix this could develope into something real fun. I hope there is more golfers that sign up. At Jackson I went over to Ione and joined a 3-some of locals for a round. I enjoyed the round, as always, but it would have been more fun with someone from are group.

Jim, Any Pic's from John yet?

dtvista

Dale

I'm sure we will get more golfers. I think this Rally is going to grow. Maybe we can even find a course over at the coast for a second round.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well, we got another one. Marybeth, aka flamingknitter, will be joining us.

So we're up to 11 rigs that say they will come (Larry you are in this group or I'll send Dave down to get you!), and to both parts if I understood all of them correctly, with 5 (Dennis, I put you here for now) more saying they might come.

I'm getting excited! I know its over 7 months away, but it gets cold in Oregon and we have to have something to look forward to!

Thanks Dave (dtvista) for going out and recruiting for us. Keep talking it up!

Hey Jim, How many will be at the National Rally? We need a goal to beat!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kristy

Last edited:

DennisZ

May as well put me in as a possible, even if Larry is going to be there (Hi Bro), just have to see if I can get away from the job during that time. I love both Seven Feathers and Winchesgter Bay, we spent time at both of them last year.

Dennis

dbarnard

Dave, There is a real nice nine hole course in Reedsport, just 15 minutes from Winchester Bay. I've played it several times.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Here's the current list.

Mark and Kristy (ziggy)
Deb and Ray (slmayor) Birthday party "needed" for Ray on the 18th or maybe the night of the 17th?
Art and Teresa (TessaM)
Dale and Judy (dbarnard)
Dave and Kathy (dtvista)
Troy and Carol (SOB with Dave and Kathy)
Marybeth (Flamingknitter)
Gary and Diana (boatdoc)
Larry and Debbie (larryheadhunter aka Crash:D) Birthday party "needed" on the 13th for Debbie!

Possibles
Bill and Patty (Bill&Pat)
Brent and Lori (bigredtruck)
Gary and Edie (grizzlygiant)
Chuck and Debbie (Chuck Richard) at least the 7 Feathers part/maybe all
Dennis and Debbie (DennisZ)
Jim and Lucy (SOB with Art and Teresa)
John and Lori (SOB with Art and Lori)

Did I miss anyone?

jbeletti

100 rigs Kristy - that's how many sites I have reserved. Don't think you will top that but I welcome the challenge. You are doing great and I am bummed that I won't be able to make it. That said, I am thrilled that there is a really nice rally shaping up in the West during the same time as the North American Rally as it gives those 2000+ miles to the west of Goshen, another option during the same period to attend a great rally.

Have fun y'all.

Jim

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK, 100 might be a little much to beat, but maybe we can make 25 or so? That would be pretty respectable for the first Oregon rally.
Kristy

jbeletti

25 would be HUGE for any chapter rally. It has been done and it will be great if you guys can do it. Hope you do!

Jim

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
New Plan

THREAD CLOSED - SEE LATEST INFO ON THIS RALLY IN CURRENT THREAD AT THIS LINK. ADMIN

Hi everyone,

I need to know how you feel ASAP so I can let the parks know.....

I called Seven Feathers today and found out that they can't take us anytime in June. There is one window in July (10-13) but we might not be able to be together. Evidently lots of RV groups have decided that they are the place to go next year. They already have a group of 40 rigs and a group of 120 rigs with people coming early and staying late from both groups on our dates. How dare they!:mad:

I called Winchester Bay and they have room for us in June, but they don't have a block of sites in July.

I started another thread for this new plan in the Oregon folder.

Who's up for it?

Kristy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.